• Barkley
    • Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Trézéguet (Traoré 83)
    • Elmohamady (Barkley 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/01/21 at 23:59

Just now, The_Steve said:

How many fouls did Tarkowski get away with? How did Burnley only have one booking? They kicked and kicked. 

Truly a game of two halves 

yeah can't believe how many good and average ratings the ref got he let them kick us all over the pitch. think they only got one yellow in the first half when they were at there worst. 

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

We weren't robbed, we killed ourselves. Poor finishing and poor defending.

I disagree, our finishing was decent. We scored two great goals.

I do agree that our defense in the second half was utterly criminal though, but two of those goals were pretty damn lucky.

Look, it's one of those one's where you could analyse it all day long and say where it went wrong. We probably should of had them bet out the gate by half time. It's a sickener and will sting for the evening but the beauty of this is we don't really have time to get too high when we are up and too down when we lose. Get ready for Southampton and go again.

Just now, nick76 said:

Weve had 45 chances in two games against them and scored 2 goals........how only two, we are doing almost everything.  They had five chances this game and scored 3 goals!!!

Nick Pope is a quality keeper

1 minute ago, Skruff said:

Fair play to Burnley, pressured us in the second half and we didn't cope with it. 

We've played brilliantly most of the match though. 

Time to get humble. 

We don't like being pressured that's for sure. World beaters when the opposition let us play.

Very disappointing result but I don't feel I can be too disappointed with the majority of that performance. 

Burnley were peak Burnley, scored a bit of a fluke and an incredible header but we are so far ahead of them in footballing ability I'm glad I wasn't supporting the team in Claret & Blue for once. 

Some of the best football I have ever seen us play first half, we should have been 3-0 up and Pope had a great game. We also showed plenty are heart and battling spirit, didn't shirk the physical side and kept trying to play. 

Grealish was exceptional, Watkins got his goal and on another day (similar to at home) we would have been out of sight. 

It's remarkable that even when we lose to a side on paper we should beat, I just love watching us right now. 

• Like 1

Bittersweet really how I haven't felt this frustrated watching Villa in a while. Smith needed to change things when at 2-1 to freshen it up but didn't. Barkley looked shagged. 

Poor defending for their goals, Cash not clearing his lines then turning away from the cross for the second. Rubbish.

Martinez can't be blamed for their goals either imo. Their equaliser was a bit of a freak goal really, he never expected to score.

Most gutted I've been with a Villa performance in a while. I really expected the 3 points and to stay within touching distance of Europe. 

Why are we so poor against the sides we "should" be looking to beat?

Brighton, West Ham, Soton, Burnley

We seem to raise our game against the big 6 then lose concentration against the lesser sides.

Just now, BG_Villa_Fan said:

No need to overreact. Freak result,  it happens. Happened to Liverpool last week. Learn the lessons and move on. We’re by far the better team.

without a doubt.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I'd be absolutely over the moon with 10th!! How high were you expecting us to finish? 8th? 9th? 

10th would be amazing but I just can't see it. We lose every away game these days and that's not a recipe for a top half finish.

11th or 12th is where we will finish which is still great progress. 

9th

Please don’t try and be rational

Edited by thunderball

Â