Pre- Match Thread

Sulberto21

11 hours ago, av1 said:

We are a good side, Burnley are not. I've got no concerns about the result. So all I want in addition to the 3 points is for someone to snap Mee in two and whole team running off to celebrate reveling Wesley T-Shirts

Correction. 

We are a good side. Burnley is an average side. 

Over the last ten games played, a pretty good chunk of the season, Burnley have taken the same number of points and have the same goal difference  as us, and they had the more difficult fixtures: Man City, Everton, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Wolves, Leeds, Sheffield United, Man Utd, West Ham and Liverpool.

• Like 1

Should do this lot as they are fully shite but they are just like stoke used to be, a pain to play against. Sharp, fast passing = 2-0 villa, ollie and Mcginniesta's arse with the goals  

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, obanken said:

Even if we had lost that game 1-0 we would still have stayed up due to more goals scored if the rest of the results after that stayed the same. Why don’t anyone else than Villa-fans pick that up? 

Assuming  we went 1-0 down in that game and for some reason we decided not to make tactical changes or substitutions, and it finished that way

We'd have been on 34 points and - 27 goal difference

Bournemouth ended on 34 points and - 25 goals

so we'd have gone down .

However  ,  since Dyce and co are living in this parallel universe where games get corrected after the event  , we'd then use their rules , add our point for the Palace game back  and be on 35 points and Bournemouth would still be relegated

They’re really not a shit team, not a great footballing side but definitely not shit and this won’t be an easy match.

Everyone seems so outraged by Dyches comments but it’s something that I’ve thought myself. I’m sure he referred to fate being involved with the Hawkeye thing and how we were able to build on that and become a good outfit. 
That Hawkeye error has never happened before or since in thousands of games and it did probably have an impact on our season given how narrow our survival was. I’m not superstitious but there is something fate-like about a 1 in 10,000 error deciding our future when at a fork in the road of relegation or now pushing for Europe. That’s not to say that everything goes our way, it clearly doesn’t (Tyrone Mings says hi) but we took a bit of luck and ran with it. Good for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Over the last ten games played, a pretty good chunk of the season, Burnley have taken the same number of points and have the same goal difference  as us, and they had the more difficult fixtures: Man City, Everton, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Wolves, Leeds, Sheffield United, Man Utd, West Ham and Liverpool.

and now i'm even more worried. 

They definitely are a decent enough team who can get points against the bigger teams.

Despite their recent form for some reason contrary to intuition and common-sense expectation I'm more confident about this game than the Newcastle game. Have a feeling we can win by a big scoreline.

• Like 2