Pre- Match Thread

Sulberto21

I haven't watched much of them, but I did see them against West Ham and they were absolutely clueless going forwards. They don't score many goals, and none of their strikers are on particularly good form. If we do our job defensively, and don't switch off, I think we can restrict them to 0 and then hopefully score ourselves.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Unfortunately, I am supposed to be in a staff meeting right when this one kicks off but plan on just saying I have the trots to get out of it👍

Let's take care of business boys.

UTV

Use the classic,  get someone to call your phone 15/20 minutes beforehand and then just say there's an emergency at home and you need to go.

There's an extensive list of 'emergencies' that can be used for any situation. Just be inventive.

It will be a tough one this, with Mee and Tarkowski back in.....I don't think Ollie will get much of a look in tonight.

We have to find a way of steering clear of their physicality as they can be brutal.

Our danger man wil be Traore, with his elusive skills.

No errors from Mingsy ,please.

• Like 2

On 26/01/2021 at 08:13, KenjiOgiwara said:

Having been stuck watching Titanic our last match

Well a sinking ship is certainly one way of describing Newcastle.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:
15 hours ago, av1 said:

We are a good side, Burnley are not.

Correction. 

We are a good side. Burnley is an average side. 

Not good can mean average. Where is the correction?

Edited by fightoffyour

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

It will be a tough one this, with Mee and Tarkowski back in.....I don't think Ollie will get much of a look in tonight.

My biggest worry is Jack or Watkins’ leg being assaulted by Mee. He’s a vile b’stard and if he hurts one of ours I hope the whole team kick the granny out of him. 

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

My biggest worry is Jack or Watkins’ leg being assaulted by Mee. He’s a vile b’stard and if he hurts one of ours I hope the whole team kick the granny out of him. 

That is the one thing with out team, there isn’t enough edge in any of them to deal with that sort of player.

• Like 1

The Burnley fans are generally quite confident about this one, and their recent form has been decent. I believe there'll not be many goals in it, 2-1 either way or a 1-1 draw. If they're confident after the Liverpool and Fulham wins and tonight they come on to us we'll beat them though.

5 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

The Burnley fans are generally quite confident about this one, and their recent form has been decent. I believe there'll not be many goals in it, 2-1 either way or a 1-1 draw. If they're confident after the Liverpool and Fulham wins and tonight they come on to us we'll beat them though.

Their new found confidence paradoxically could be their undoing, especially if they leave us space.

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

That is the one thing with out team, there isn’t enough edge in any of them to deal with that sort of player.

I reckon Grealish can stand up on this one. Gets his shins kicked time and again.

"In life it's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward."

Even though we may not have that 'edge' going for us, I honestly don't think its a characteristic our teams personality is missing, certainly not dearly, if at all.

We've got so much in abundance going for us that if we play our brand of football, we're in the contest, and hard at it.

It's going to be a close game. I think defensively we'll be fine and it'll be if we can actually break them down this time unlike the home game a few weeks ago. I'll say 1-0 Villa but another 0-0 wouldn't surprise me at all. 

Martinez
Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett
               Luiz - McGinn
    Traore - Barkley - Grealish
                  Watkins

Standard team, McGinn back in for me. 

5 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I reckon Grealish can stand up on this one. Gets his shins kicked time and again.

"In life it's not how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward."

Even though we may not have that 'edge' going for us, I honestly don't think its a characteristic our teams personality is missing, certainly not dearly, if at all.

We've got so much in abundance going for us that if we play our brand of football, we're in the contest, and hard at it.

Every team needs a bit of edge if you ask me.

• Like 1