Pre- Match Thread

Sulberto21

12 hours ago, kieranavfc said:

There were even more examples than that, clear penalty on McGinn away at Spurs at 1-0 up, Hourihane goalbound shot handballed at Arsenal to equalise late vs 10 men, offside goal away v City, any others?

Did Arsenal not score a goal with a man in our wall which is also meant to have been not allowed but funnily enough not reviewed!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Ah, hypotheticals. They are great at making arguments to fit a purpose, since it never happened and you can make any outcome you please.

As a counter argument, lets try these, for example:

• If the goal was given to Sheffield, what if we rallied and scored?
  • What if Kevin Friend wasn't a complete and utter word removed?
  • What if the referees didn't give Bruno Fernandes a penalty for jumping backwards into a planted Konsa?
  • What if Wesley wasn't long term injured?

Goal wasn't given against Sheffield United, even if it should have. We stayed up last season based on our points total. Story over except for some sour grapes from others.

As for Burnley, they are riding high after defeating Liverpool. They are due for a stuffing and we are just the team to do it. 3-0 to the Villa.

I think you've misinterpreted my comment. It was in direct response to @obanken's post which said if we lost to Sheff Utd with everything else remaining the exact same as it played out then we'd still survive. But we wouldn't as I described.

I definitely don't need any further convincing of the many many examples of how we were royally screwed over by refs, VAR etc last season, none more so than, as you alluded to, Palace away. I was there and it was vile. 94th minute having a goal scrubbed out was potentially a defining moment. Conceeding in 42nd minute at home to Sheff Utd cant be viewed the same at all. Those that think goal line technology are deluded and severely one-sided with their anti-villa, and extremely naive opinions. Those people who believe that are probably the same people who believe the Covid jab will place some micro chip that will keep tabs on everyone. 

Edited by roonst83

18 hours ago, obanken said:

Even if we had lost that game 1-0 we would still have stayed up due to more goals scored if the rest of the results after that stayed the same. Why don’t anyone else than Villa-fans pick that up? 

I've seen this said by various people, it's simply not true. 

image.thumb.png.2f9b37100731df0baca86deee0f4711e.png

We would have gone down on GD of -27 compared to Bournemouth's -25

What really saved us wasn't Hawkeye failing but Watford sacking Nigel Pearson.

It also goes unappreciated that we actually broke a record for the first team ever to survive getting 8 points from the last 4 games. 

As for tonight, I don't understand why anyone would be sceptical, we will batter these just like a few weeks ago only this time finding the net.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Yeah they are tough but what I mean is you need some devil,  a bit of spite at times. Our team arent soft but they havent a nasty  side to any of them.

Depends what you look at, Luiz knows how to do the tactical foul when a team is breaking v us. Jack had a little nibble with Shelvey at the weekend which was brilliant to watch.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Depends what you look at, Luiz knows how to do the tactical foul when a team is breaking v us. Jack had a little nibble with Shelvey at the weekend which was brilliant to watch.

Jack was a little silly in my view in the VAR era. Yes Luiz can do a tactical foul with thr best of them neither are really what I meant.

37 minutes ago, avfc456 said:

Did Arsenal not score a goal with a man in our wall which is also meant to have been not allowed but funnily enough not reviewed!

They did. Also Guendouzi had a handful of Trezequets shirt with the run he made before the penalty. Sokratis catching the ball. Dean Smith said in one of the latter games that game still rankles with him as we were cruising.

Re - tonight I feel that we're going to smash them. 

Edited by Sulberto21

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

@Tomaszk where you at, bro? Is it going to be a Marvelous line up...?

No. He's done his job, back into hibernation until next called upon.

John McGinn has something to prove after the arrival of a new £20m player in his position.

• Like 4