Pre- Match Thread

Sulberto21

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

who's leg is Mee going to bust up this time?

To perform a decent scissor tackle, you must stretch accordingly prior to the game. While performing the tackle, you must exercise caution during coordination by securely applying pressure to the opponent's ankle, while you press with ample momentum force with the raised leg to the opponent's knee. This is conducted while under the guise to all watching as a simple hard tackle.

Its harder than it looks, so my money is on his own.

• Like 1

This will be tense. I'm taking nothing for granted. They are what they are, and on their day they're bloody good at it. They just went to Fulham and our pal Rodriguez scores a brace to dispatch them easily in the cup. They've beaten Liverpool recently too.  An early goal is vital here so they don't get too comfortable and grow into the game the way they like to.

We need to be much more protective of possession than we were against Newcastle.  Hopefully the loose quick passing was a tactic against a Newcastle side we knew wouldn't put too much pressure on us.  But if we give up the ball as easily and as frequently against Burnley then I suspect they'll be able to trouble us more than Newcastle could.

If we apply ourselves properly, look after the ball and don't rush our chances then we should beat them.

I'll go for a frustrating but ultimately satisfactory 2-1 victory with Ollie continuing to re-discover his form and a thunderbastard from a rested McGinn.

• Like 3

Burnley are one of those really annoying teams that I tend to feel that we should beat comfortably, but then somehow they always put up a royal fight.

However them having beaten Plop recently I think will work to our advance, as they will think they're better than they are and open up in an attempt at playing football, giving us more space to do wild shenanigans around their goalkeeper.

Another 1-0 win, or 4-0 if we manage to rattle them early on.

On 24/01/2021 at 00:07, VillaChris said:

1-1. Think similar frustration to what we had at VP.

Would be huge to get an early first goal in this as we played really well up there when we did it last season.

It just gets bogged down in a no space/set pieces game and they've picked up some very good results in recent times doing what they do.

I'd be happy with a point from this and Southampton tbh. 4 points off West Ham and Arsenal please. We'd be then on the same number as we got last season with still 17 matches left to play.

Injuries worry me against this lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

They have had aome decent results recently.

I feel a 1-0 win for us comming on.

I love goals......but there is something really professional about 1-0

• Like 1

On 23/01/2021 at 23:16, HalfTimePost said:

We have a chance of going into the Top 4 on Saturday if we win this. Spurs/Liverpool play each other Thurs and not again until Sunday. It might only be for a day but it would be nice to be Top 4 near the end of January.

Not to mention I want to turn these over very badly. Play El Ghazi, he owes them a goal or 4 after last time out

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

don't say that, its like a gypsies curse.

On 24/01/2021 at 04:53, maqroll said:

Absolutely have to win this if we have designs on Europe.  

They'll try to repeat what they did last time and just sit back and hack at us. 

I think another 2-0 win is in the cards. 

Watkins

SJM

just need to move the ball that little bit quicker, to avoid the challenges.

2 hours ago, kidlewis said:

Agree with comments here so far.

Whoever scores first will definitely get something from the game. 

it will be a question of whether it’s 1 or 3 points. 

A goal.🤪

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, Jono62 said:

I think it'll be 3-1 Villa.

Barkley

Traore x 2.

Grealish to get booked for lashing out after the 25 foul on him by a Burnley player goes unpunished.

Not sure about the score yet but I think the tolerance of the ref will be an important factor for us in the outcome. I hope he does not give them too many free shots before taking action.

I believe that Paul Tierney is the referee.

He refereed the play off final against Derby and missed the stamp on Grealish, but I don't think we've got any major grievances against him.

Edit: He was also the VAR official for the Sheffield United ghost goal. 👍

38 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I believe that Paul Tierney is the referee.

He refereed the play off final against Derby and missed the stamp on Grealish, but I don't think we've got any major grievances against him.

Edit: He was also the VAR official for the Sheffield United ghost goal. 👍

The stamp on Grealish was against Fulham in the PO final wasn't it?