Pre- Match Thread

Sulberto21

44 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Just score one early on and this one's in the bag. 

I don't think it will be...I think it will be a tough ole grind.

Their physicality can be a great leveller as Liverpool found to their cost.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Every team needs a bit of edge if you ask me.

I reckon we have it, it's just an honest edge. I might be taking the meaning of what you're saying and making it something else. But I reckon Luiz, McGinn, and especially Grealish, hard as nails.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Well a sinking ship is certainly one way of describing Newcastle.

Not good can mean average. Where is the correction?

Burnley, when they are this mood, know how to win....we have seen it at West Ham too.....they are both not necessarily better that us, but know how to win.....Burnley have just got their mojo back.

Its very subjective to say good or bad team.....its about winning....Arsenal and Chelsea have good teams, but they are not winning enough.

We need to be on our game to get anything tonight......Talent alone, does not necessarily win games.

They will make the game shitty and stop start, they will disrupt our style.....we need to be ready, it won't be easy.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

They've had some good results in the past few weeks:

Beat Liverpool 1-0

Beat Fulham 3-0

Beat Wolves 2-1

Beat Arsenal 1-0

Beat Sheffield 1-0

Drew against Everton & Villa.

Only lost to Leeds & West Ham in that time.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

They've had some good results in the past few weeks:

Beat Liverpool 1-0

Beat Fulham 3-0

Beat Wolves 2-1

Beat Arsenal 1-0

Beat Sheffield 1-0

Drew against Everton & Villa.

Only lost to Leeds & West Ham in that time.

Impressive....its form to look at, like you have done.....not league table

They have conceded 1 goal in those 5 games.....it will be tough, we have to be patient.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I reckon we have it, it's just an honest edge. I might be taking the meaning of what you're saying and making it something else. But I reckon Luiz, McGinn, and especially Grealish, hard as nails.

Yeah they are tough but what I mean is you need some devil,  a bit of spite at times. Our team arent soft but they havent a nasty  side to any of them.

• Like 1

It’ll be similar to our last game against Burnley, we’ll have the lion’s share of possession and chances. Burnley aren’t even going to try and put sustained pressure on us because they are incapable of doing so. Once again they’ll look for the opposition to make a mistake or to get something from a set piece. So we’ve got to be disciplined against giving up unnecessary free kicks/corners that offer them the opportunity to give their meat heads a chance. 
Having Luiz and Barkley back should make the difference this time around against Burnley, 2 players that can pick a pass or score a goal. If we can pull Burnley’s defenders in, we should have plenty of opportunity for our full backs to hit the line and get crosses in which will have the Burnley defenders facing their own goal. Burnley give us literally nothing to fear going forward, aside from set pieces. Just need our CBs (Mings in particular) to keep it simple.  If we turn in our now usual level of performance then we win. We’re due to smash someone again soon. 

39 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yeah they are tough but what I mean is you need some devil,  a bit of spite at times. Our team arent soft but they havent a nasty  side to any of them.

It's why I wasn't averse to Mandzukic or Costa for 6 months. Although Costa has hamstrings made of sand.

For a long long time we never won comfortably. Always hanging on to precarious 1 goal leads. This season of our 9 wins, we’ve had four 3-0s, a 2-0, a 7-2, two last minute winners and the comfortable 1-0 on the opening day. Its time to blow these away with another classic Smithball away day masterclass. 

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Sean Dyche is a stupid, ginger bastard.  End of. 

In fact, he's such a ginger bastard, he plays Mee, Barnes, Bardsley and Cox in the same team - the silly ginger fugnut. 

"ooh, look at me, with my ginger disc beard and raspy voice because I've been screaming ABBA songs in my Daewoo Matiz on the way to work to make myself look "cool".. I'm a football manager you know and because I'm ginger I can wear my fitted black jacket in August OR the winter months - no worries"

FUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

If I were there tonight, I'd shit on a biscuit and feed it to to him, telling him my shit is chocolate -  as a PRANK. 

OH AND YOU LOOK A BIT LIKE THE "BUY ONE, YOU GET ONE FREE!!!!" BELLEND FROM THE WINDOW ADVERTSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

I'll tell you what's happening tonight - I'll tell you alright.

ASTON VILLA WIN - BURNLEY THE GINGER DWADS LOSE.

Alan Partridge Scum GIF - AlanPartridge Scum SubhumanScum GIFs

Bad And Wrong Alan Partridge GIF - BadAndWrong AlanPartridge ThisTime GIFs

Alan Partridge Bash Your Arse GIF - AlanPartridge BashYourArse Angry GIFs

Are you okay mate?

• Like 2

I just hope Burnley don't play their usual brand of anti-football. If they do decide to venture out of their own penalty box, it's gonna be rough for them.

Otherwise, I hope we're able to pick the locks and actually put a chance or two in the onion bag this time.