Pre- Match Thread

Sulberto21

We are a good side, Burnley are not. I've got no concerns about the result. So all I want in addition to the 3 points is for someone to snap Mee in two and whole team running off to celebrate reveling Wesley T-Shirts

I really want us to smash these turgid words removed into the turf.

Firstly for the 0-0 that we should have won 12-0.

Secondly for crocking two of our players last season.

Thirdly for Crab Westwood.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kingman said:

Well Mr Dyche has just done Deano's pre-match team talk for him then. 

word removed! 

Salmon fellating ginger phallus.

• Haha 2

This is weird. I am the world's biggest pessimist when it comes to the Villa. I always think we're going to lose. 

This one? I think we're going to murder them. Comfortable win.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Absolutely despise these bunch of talentless neanderthals, but it wouldn't at all surprised me if they shithoused their way to a 0-0 or a 1-0 win.

Mj Mooney beat you to it...you are second.....but I might be third.

2 hours ago, obanken said:

Even if we had lost that game 1-0 we would still have stayed up due to more goals scored if the rest of the results after that stayed the same. Why don’t anyone else than Villa-fans pick that up? 

This isn’t true is it? If we lost 0-1 to Sheff Utd then we would’ve had 34 pts along with Bournemouth but our GD would’ve been worse (-27 compared to Bournemouth’s -25). And GD counts before GS.

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, roonst83 said:

This isn’t true is it? If we lost 0-1 to Sheff Utd then we would’ve had 34 pts along with Bournemouth but our GD would’ve been worse (-27 compared to Bournemouth’s -25). And GD counts before GS.

Ah, hypotheticals. They are great at making arguments to fit a purpose, since it never happened and you can make any outcome you please.

As a counter argument, lets try these, for example:

• If the goal was given to Sheffield, what if we rallied and scored?
  • What if Kevin Friend wasn't a complete and utter word removed?
  • What if the referees didn't give Bruno Fernandes a penalty for jumping backwards into a planted Konsa?
  • What if Wesley wasn't long term injured?

Goal wasn't given against Sheffield United, even if it should have. We stayed up last season based on our points total. Story over except for some sour grapes from others.

As for Burnley, they are riding high after defeating Liverpool. They are due for a stuffing and we are just the team to do it. 3-0 to the Villa.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Ah, hypotheticals. They are great at making arguments to fit a purpose, since it never happened and you can make any outcome you please.

As a counter argument, lets try these, for example:

• If the goal was given to Sheffield, what if we rallied and scored?
  • What if Kevin Friend wasn't a complete and utter word removed?
  • What if the referees didn't give Bruno Fernandes a penalty for jumping backwards into a planted Konsa?
  • What if Wesley wasn't long term injured?

Goal wasn't given against Sheffield United, even if it should have. We stayed up last season based on our points total. Story over except for some sour grapes from others.

As for Burnley, they are riding high after defeating Liverpool. They are due for a stuffing and we are just the team to do it. 3-0 to the Villa.

There were even more examples than that, clear penalty on McGinn away at Spurs at 1-0 up, Hourihane goalbound shot handballed at Arsenal to equalise late vs 10 men, offside goal away v City, any others?

Unfortunately, I am supposed to be in a staff meeting right when this one kicks off but plan on just saying I have the trots to get out of it👍

Let's take care of business boys.

UTV

15 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Maybe, but we have proved we are a match for anyone this season, the only time we've been outplayed all season is - Leeds H (last 35 minutes), Saints H (first half) and City probably deserved to beat us (on chances) - That's quite impressive when you think about it.

We took four points from the reverse fixtures this season - Burnley (1), Saints (0), Hammers (0), Arsenal (3) - We arguably deserved 10 points from those games. 

For sure wont be easy, but I think 8-10 is more realistic than optimistic.

One game at a time though, a win here and it sets us up and confidence will be flowing again🙏 

I actually think if we took our easy chances we would have got 12. Even against the saints we had soooo many chances to win the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Dyche to chase Don Smith down the tunnel after being called a whinging ginger fraggle

I realise he is in charge of the team, but I didn't realise he was that powerful !!!

Edited by TheStagMan