Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Match Polls  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/01/21 at 23:59

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

First time I've given a referee top marks.

No, I'm not pissed.

Agreed, I thought the ref was very good today.

Newcastle shambolic.

Jack way off the pace today. Wonder if he was one of the ones who had Covid?

Emi, solid as usual. Not give  too much to do but very commanding.

Doug was everywhere. MoTM for me.

Targett is becoming so so good. Cant be far off an England call up (notwithstanding the idiot we have in charge of England). Konsa as well.

Bertie looking good too.

Mings made his standard couple of feck ups, but recovered from both well, otherwise rock solid 

Happy days

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, blunther said:

I really tried to stay away after the match midweek. That absolutely broke my will and my love for the 'sport'... It proved beyond any doubt to me that the game is in the pockets of someone, whether it's the big clubs or the betting syndicates I don't know. I guess it would be surprising if a £billions industry sponsored almost exclusively by gambling companies wasn't bent. Especially in the hands of such noble folk as the Premier League, UEFA and FIFA. I wanted to take a bit of time off, at least until we could go back to villa park and it was proper.

My will lasted til 7.58pm. I couldn't do it. Felt I was turning my back on the club and the manager and the players when I've never been more proud of what were building. So I had to come back. 

Glad I did. What a fantastically professional performance that was. I'll probably avoid watching any televised matches against the Manc words removed in the future, but I can't turn my back on this bunch, try as I might.

Really building something here. Despite the choreography from the PL and it's bent officials. **** you Friend, **** you fat word removed Moss.

Newcastle are a disgrace and are really stinking the league out. Shame Fulham are so shit and probably won't catch them. 

good to have you back mate

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

We were actually quite poor and look fairly rusty towards the end. MoTM Marvelous for me. He covered so well from some of the errors made at the back

5 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Easy. Didn’t break a sweat.  

I’m not sure which one I agree with. We certainly weren’t near our best but was it because we didn’t need to be? I’m not sure.

But who cares, another 3 points!

Bizarre to say but I thought that was one of our poorer performances of the season but we were never in trouble.

Thought Mings had a mixed game

Konsa was awesome

Nakamba was great

Chuffed Watkins got a goal.

This team has come so far because we were only in second gear with some sloppiness but we had way too much for Newcastle who are awful, look like they are too bored to play and lack heart or ideas.

Loving Villa at the moment!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Really casual from Villa but the players do look like they're puffing at the end of games so I'm thinking COVID did take it out of some of them.

Some little flashes of brilliance and some wastefulness but I think that's only because the opposition was so poor so laziness crept in.

Nakamba was the right pick to replace McGinn because he allowed the defence to play out. Perfectly simple performance from him.

The ref didn't do much wrong which deserves a mention.

Not sure who took the jam out of Jack's donut but he wasn't happy about something. Probably that he had the freedom of the park and didn't do more.

Our back 5 is the best in the league.

When fit and on form, the Barkley, Grealish, Watkins, Traore partnership is scary.

Great time to be a Villa fan. McGinn back for Burnley and let's pummel them.

• Like 1

That really was sack the manager performance by Newcastle and with a certain manager now available Bruce is gone.

Concerning the Villa, Konsa was immense with Barkley very tidy. Also impressed by Traore because he’s starting to track back adding to his obvious quality going forward. Grealish was his usual quality self and loved how he and Barkley reacted to being hooked.

Special mention also for Watkins who ran his socks off and deserved his goal.

• Like 2

Â