Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Match Polls  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/01/21 at 23:59

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I was almost daring them to disallow it , I think  the bloke on var knew better though 

He was probably on but I'd expect it to be checked as per the offside rules I thought I knew. 

A fairly routine performance against a poor side but we got the win, which we weren’t always doing against inferior sides earlier in the season. Mings even failed in his attempt to gift them a goal!

I gave MOTM to Traore just for his goal because that put the game beyond Newcastle’s reach and match winners is what we should value the most.

However, like in so many games, Grealish and Martinez stood head and shoulders above the rest of the squad for quality.

28 minutes ago, blunther said:

I really tried to stay away after the match midweek. That absolutely broke my will and my love for the 'sport'... It proved beyond any doubt to me that the game is in the pockets of someone, whether it's the big clubs or the betting syndicates I don't know. I guess it would be surprising if a £billions industry sponsored almost exclusively by gambling companies wasn't bent. Especially in the hands of such noble folk as the Premier League, UEFA and FIFA. I wanted to take a bit of time off, at least until we could go back to villa park and it was proper.

My will lasted til 7.58pm. I couldn't do it. Felt I was turning my back on the club and the manager and the players when I've never been more proud of what were building. So I had to come back. 

Glad I did. What a fantastically professional performance that was. I'll probably avoid watching any televised matches against the Manc words removed in the future, but I can't turn my back on this bunch, try as I might.

Really building something here. Despite the choreography from the PL and it's bent officials. **** you Friend, **** you fat word removed Moss.

Newcastle are a disgrace and are really stinking the league out. Shame Fulham are so shit and probably won't catch them. 

This sums it up perfectly.

They have changed the rules of football as of our last game. This has never been the rule, and if you read what is written, it still isn't. But the new interpretation of it favours the strikers, so I'm not actually against it. The way they've brought it to attention, and waited until it favours a team they want to win, is the scandal that warrants being flagged. 

Meh, I caved, like Blunther, and glad I did. Great performance, looked easy, Newcastle were rubbish.

Mings had a mare, but got away with his mistakes. Konsa, Targett, Traoré, all very good.  NAKAMBA (?!?!?!) my man of the match though. 

• Like 2

Excellent result. Nice to get a win after a tough run. Thought VAR would overrule our first goal illogically but thankfully didn’t. 

team didn’t need to get out of second gear. Never risked much as we didn’t need to. Concentration and composure could be better but that’s uber picky. 

konsa was fantastic and was especially happy to see Marvellous has a faultless performance 

UTV!

Professional.

I thought we always had a couple of gears in hand. A bit sloppy in the second half but job done.

The great thing about this team is that the Man of the Match can come from anywhere now a days. Gave it to Marvellous who came in and did a great job. Could have been Konsa, Targett or  Traore. Barkley improving but still short of his full potential

Looking forward to the Burnley match as we have nearly a full squad to pick from.

Onwards and upwards!

Â