Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Match Polls  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/01/21 at 23:59

We need to be careful the league don’t report us for unsportsmanlike conduct for humiliating Newcastle so much , we didn’t even get out of first gear but just teased that ball around the pitch .

players looked comfortable and show boated  on the whole , there’s is a concern we are starting to be over confident but it’s great to watch .

I gave  man of match to Nakamba , to have barely played all season but slot in and look fit and interested shows great team spirit

It’s not all bad news for Newcastle though as that will most certainly by Bruce’s last game 

Poor performance but easy win. Grealish set the tone with a sluggish, sloppy, careless performance and the whole team looked like they were playing a training game but ..... it was easy and they knew they had the game.

Will need to be much better in next two games but I'm sure they will be. Credit to Nakamba - flawless performance and MOM for me !  

• Confused 1

Didn't have to get out of second gear. They were everything I thought a Bruce team would be after we had to live with his ineptitude for so long, just hoping a player would do something for him, no shape, no plan, no pattern of play, just awful. So good that it was us that were always alive, in spaces, moving the ball, keeping the ball, bringing them on and then playing round them. Just a total opposite of what we were under Bruce and we played to about 30% of our potential and just cruised it. Had we been constantly at the levels of the United and City games we'd have won that 6 or 7 nothing. 

Onwards and upwards, Konsa is **** class, second half performance for me gets MOTM beautiful elegant defender. Martinez playing sweeper at times was nice to see. Barkley getting closer to where he should be, Marvellous looking a player. Just all positive tonight, if I was being picky I'd say we should have won 3 or 4 at least if we'd gone for it. There was no need though, and I'm so happy we have Smith now and no the other fella. Bruce nothing personal, I think as a bloke he's probably sound, but as a coach compared to Smith he's not even playing the same game.

Good to see Watkins score finally, he's deserved more, got one disallowed etc. etc. worked very hard tonight again. 3 points, deserved more against the two top sides but so so happy that it's us playing the football and getting the plaudits. 

UTV. 

• Like 1

Villa basically freewheeled through that match, Newcastle are horrific based on that performance!

Konsa (MOTM), Nakamba and Watkins all played really really well. Barkley looked shattered from about the 40th minute. Most other players strolled through the match. Weakest link, and even that might be slightly harsh, was Mings who lost the ball a few times and was helped out by Konsa a lot. Shows how far we've come quickly when Mings is now our worst player in the back four.

Solid, easy three points. Almost like a preseason run out which is kinda what we need at the moment!!

• Like 1

Forget Sheffield United, Newcastle are by far the worst team in this league. Seriously bad. I don't think we even played that well tonight and yet it was still as easy at it gets for us, they're a complete mess. 

Konsa and Targett were excellent but I voted Nakamba MOTM. Kept it neat and tidy, always played the right ball even if very safe at times but there was no need for anything fancy. Very good performance from Marv. 

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Bye bye brucie.

Is this on MOTD tonight?

Yes, just mentioned in the pre-ten-'o-clock-news-trailer.  Almost certainly on last I would predict.

Edit, on that match; would have been nice if Luiz buried that one in the opening moments of the second half; but meh, that was one of the more comfortable results I've watched.

Edited by CardiffGreens
  • Like 1

Good performance that, though against a poor opposition.

Our defence did very well, Barkley and Luiz not at their best. I voted Nakamba as MOM. He's been slated on here quite often but he didn't put a foot wrong today. Just like AEG and Hause have done, he's shown he is a reliable squad player. Well done!

Â