Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Match Polls  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/01/21 at 23:59

LOL, this from the BBC site:

"Stuart: "Who could they get to replace me?" Steve Bruce, just before Villa sacked him. Dean Smith, mate. Who got us up, kept us up and put us a long way ahead of you while playing football that doesn't make our eyes bleed"

• Like 4

Probably, could have, should have, scored 4-0 tonight. Solid win without exhausting ourselves. Lakadesical at times, but Targett, Nakamba, Konsa, and Ollie were fantastic. Traore is a wizard. Jack and Ross not at their best but their quality shines when it needs to. Emi had one save all game.

17 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

We were actually quite poor and look fairly rusty towards the end. MoTM Marvelous for me. He covered so well from some of the errors made at the back

We certainly seemed a bit pedestrian at times. There was a distinct lack of oomph about our play.

One and two touch football, movement off the ball, oh and players who seem to actually get along: it’s phenomenal. Some of the football in the first half was lovely. 

The contrast with Newcastle was startling. They have some excellent and exciting players but the lack of coaching and tactical nous shows. 

Not only was this a vindication of the idea that we are on the up and they are not, but also that we as a club have moved so far from the atrocious stylings of Bruceball. It wasn’t that we won that made this satisfying: it was that we won playing good football - brought to the club by DS and co.

• Like 3

Can we play Newcastle every week, Bruce, Deano really has your number on game plan and tactics lol. 

I thought we looked excellent, some of the play was just superb, lovely link up play and counter. Traore's first touch us sublime.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

We certainly seemed a bit pedestrian at times. There was a distinct lack of oomph about our play.

We didn't have to play though, they were **** shit. Start of the second half we had 90% of the ball for 20 minutes without even trying they looked like they were allergic to the ball. Remember when we had Bruce as manager? 

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nakamba was excellent

Thought our first goal could have been given offside by the rules I thought I knew...

Very efficient performance. 

I was almost daring them to disallow it , I think  the bloke on var knew better though 

Pro game. Handled them. Nakamba excellent. All four defenders excellent. Traore and Watkins excellent. Hopefully we can break down Burnley next week and keep the good vibes going.

Â