General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

9 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yeah I do think that was bit of nothing really.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d be mildly annoyed if that was Villa, but in the great pantheon of dodgy decisions, it barely registers.

It’s on Traore just stopping play, assuming the ref was going to give something.

It's a foul. 

When a ref is able to watch a video replay and can see they shirt being pulled away from a players body, it's a free kick. 

Traore is a tank, it wouldn't stop him, but when it's so clearly a shirt pull it should be given.

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Just watched the Newcastle game, if there is anything dodgy going on, Newcastle are gonna get it. That handball for the penalty at the end? Is elbow really handball? Was called immediately and not VAR checked was it?

It’s a definite penalty for Newcastle - how can you think it’s not?!

Was looking for the video of the decision but found this tweet that sums it up anyway.

One penalty given, the other not. Don't understand how consistency is so difficult to achieve. 

Should be possible across a season and yet it's not across a weekend.

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Was looking for the video of the decision but found this tweet that sums it up anyway.

One penalty given, the other not. Don't understand how consistency is so difficult to achieve. 

Should be possible across a season and yet it's not across a weekend.

It’s inconsistent because they’ve overcomplicated their own rules to such an extent they can give any decision and justify it, even with video replay. 

• Like 2

And another incident this afternoon with Willian. If that was a pen, why wasn't ours yesterday?

And Mitrovic sent off for a minor nudge of the ref. But Bruno can shove a linesman with no repercussions at all?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

And Mitrovic sent off for a minor nudge of the ref. But Bruno can shove a linesman with no repercussions at all?

I wouldn't call that a minor nudge minor nudge, it was much more aggressive, he elbows him, gets in his face shouting and pointing. Bruno should have gone, but I'd expect Mitro to get a lengthy ban, especially for the afters after the red card

3 games isn't enough for that, they should throw the book at him

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

And another incident this afternoon with Willian. If that was a pen, why wasn't ours yesterday?

The only consistency I can see is their bias towards certain teams and their players.

But let's move on and pretend nothing happened like they always do, including the Beebs, sky etc

• Like 2

Refs/VAR get loads of stick and most of it is deserved.

However on this one they'd say we used VAR to get to the right decision after two minutes and we're still getting slagged off for it.

Fulham were great and should've gone through but by the letter of the law it was a penalty and red card.

Perhaps you downgrade handballs on the line to a yellow but then you run the risk of players leaping through the air like Suarez did to stop shots going in.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Bruno should have gone, but his nudge on the linesman was done in a sort of “get out the way” sort of manner with no real aggression. Mitrovic’s is way worse; it’s an aggressive nudge and then he almost squares up to the ref. Ridiculous stuff. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Bruno should have gone, but his nudge on the linesman was done in a sort of “get out the way” sort of manner with no real aggression. Mitrovic’s is way worse; it’s an aggressive nudge and then he almost squares up to the ref. Ridiculous stuff. 

Agreed.  As much as I despise Fernandes, that little push in the back as a response to having been man handled himself was worthy of yellow card or maybe a red if the ref is being overly zealous. It's not anything more serious. 

Mitro did about three things worthy of a red card and physically attacked the ref after having received no such contact himself. The situations aren't comparable.

But you could argue that the lack of action against Fernandes led to the actions by Mitro.

He sees Bruno receive ZERO punishment for his inapproproiate actions,  so why would he think he'll get sent off for taking it a bit further.

The Bruno's of this footballing world consistently whinge and abuse the refs, and set a terrible example to kids. The situation isn't going to get any better. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Ours should have been a pen. But the Willian one was far worse

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ours should have been a pen. But the Willian one was far worse

In what was, the consequence or the offence?

Obviously far more impact as there's every chance Neto saves ours, but in terms of the actual handling of the ball, the one against us was way worse IMO. Hands way out for no reason, whereas Willian has his arm right by his side.

I think it's given because of how clearly it was going to be a goal but anywhere else and it might have just been considered a "natural position", but who can tell these days.

38 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Agreed.  As much as I despise Fernandes, that little push in the back as a response to having been man handled himself was worthy of yellow card or maybe a red if the ref is being overly zealous. It's not anything more serious. 

Mitro did about three things worthy of a red card and physically attacked the ref after having received no such contact himself. The situations aren't comparable.

But you could argue that the lack of action against Fernandes led to the actions by Mitro.

He sees Bruno receive ZERO punishment for his inapproproiate actions,  so why would he think he'll get sent off for taking it a bit further.

The Bruno's of this footballing world consistently whinge and abuse the refs, and set a terrible example to kids. The situation isn't going to get any better. 

This.

Fernandes (and his cohorts) has a habit of getting in the face of refs, not going fully Mitrovic or Di Canio, but it severely undermines the officials and is generally just unpleasant.

938D76E6-7425-4CD0-B44F-94936ACD6757.thumb.jpeg.fe64d1e27c55d92d39d01b7a0c6822c5.jpeg

9D5F7033-D266-4CF4-9ECB-9A5A21F0E516.thumb.jpeg.3b984b0b33f8248d4547721364d92cd6.jpeg

F3DA89AD-E8BC-4CFE-A853-89B45AB01A89.jpeg.bab9369bc9c19c0501305c2d8a874c3b.jpeg

From what I can tell, the club is typically charged for this, but we’re talking a twenty grand fine which I somehow don’t think is a strong enough deterrent.

Obviously you can state your case if you’re trying to appeal a decision but how many players does it take and how close exactly do you have to be present your argument to the ref?

Â