General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Surely he wouldn't dive in that situation considering all he had to do was get the ball and roll it in an empty net

This feels like a rhetorical question, but some will be asking it.

He got taken out. You can see the force of the impact from Pope by the way Pope himself bounces back. Your running at the speed Jimenez is and get a side impact of that force, there is 0% chance of you staying up. 

I think the argument is whether he diverted his run so that he ran into pope rather than the other way round, but I don't think he does. He's got to the ball first and then been clattered. It's so stonewall it's ridiculous that VAR didn't overturn it. 

Edited by MrBlack

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

This feels like a rhetorical question, but some will be asking it.

He got taken out. You can see the force of the impact from Pope by the way Pope himself bounces back. Your running at the speed Jimenez is and get a side impact of that force, there is 0% chance of you staying up. 

I think the argument is whether he diverted his run so that he ran into pope rather than the other way round, but I don't think he does. He's got to the ball first and then been clattered. It's so stonewall it's ridiculous that VAR didn't overturn it. 

I'm not sure...he gets to the ball first and if he really wants to I think he can nick it away and towards goal without getting clattered. IMO, he went for the "easy" way out

• Like 1

On 13/03/2023 at 08:42, May-Z said:

Redknapp matches my opinion. 

VAR shouldn't be making any decisions. 

The ref should go over to the monitor and make it for himself, every time. 

There shouldn't even be a chance for someone else to have to see if there is 'enough' to overturn...just let the ref review his original decision!

Yep. They should get a notification on his watch that just says "have another look", they go to a screen and get a couple of extra looks at the incident from a couple of different angles at normal speed, and make a decision from there. I'd even do this for offsides, without the lines.

A referee on the pitch has a feel for the flow of the game and he's set the tone for the flow of the game. That referee must make all decisions. It's not like cricket where everything is black and white.

16 hours ago, a-k said:

I'm not sure...he gets to the ball first and if he really wants to I think he can nick it away and towards goal without getting clattered. IMO, he went for the "easy" way out

Pope doesnt get the Ball at all, it's unlucky for him but it's a stone walled penalty. Ref and officials have bottled it. 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Pope doesnt get the Ball at all, it's unlucky for him but it's a stone walled penalty. Ref and officials have bottled it. 

Newcastle starting to get the preferential treatment previously the purview of the Sky six..... 

5 hours ago, tinker said:

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Playing. For. A. Foul. Doesn't. Mean. It. Isn't. A. Foul.

I didn't say it wasn't a foul, was just giving my view of how things played out. An honest player could have gotten a goal there without worrying about referee intervention

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

What other reason could they disallow the Newcastle go. No group of professionals is this incompetent.

No they really are this inept...

Said before the only corruption or proper dodgy allegation you can make is that the PL and sky et Al love the drama so they're under no pressure to get better or that they all hate VAR so they're sabotaging it

But the idea that the corruption goes as far as Newcastle getting favourable decisions because there's an agenda to create a big 7....nah not buying it

Would the Saudi leadership be willing to bribe ( extort, threaten, torture, murder) people including football officials to get their way? You bet. Is it happening atm? Who knows.

Obviously only the bribe part.

55 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

if VAR send him to the screen he’s giving it 10 times out of 10

And for our disallowed goal...right decision in the end, but how on earth can a referee just blindly trust someone telling him to reverse his decision without actually going and checking himself??

Â