General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Doesn’t look like the ball is outside the area to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Second angle looks more convincing. It’s not good enough that VAR cannot like in the World Cup did, use more angles. The technology exists. 

21 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I wouldn't call that a minor nudge minor nudge, it was much more aggressive, he elbows him, gets in his face shouting and pointing. Bruno should have gone, but I'd expect Mitro to get a lengthy ban, especially for the afters after the red card

3 games isn't enough for that, they should throw the book at him

Interestingly I saw it differently, although I should maybe watch it again. I thought he nudged the ref as he ran past, and not in an especially aggressive manner, and then got aggressive as the ref pulled out the red card (which he did instantly upon the physical contact).

But you may be right, it possibly was more aggressive than Bruno. However any contact with the officials that isn't purely an accident should be a red card, so I think like you Bruno should have gone.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

In what was, the consequence or the offence?

Obviously far more impact as there's every chance Neto saves ours, but in terms of the actual handling of the ball, the one against us was way worse IMO. Hands way out for no reason, whereas Willian has his arm right by his side.

I think it's given because of how clearly it was going to be a goal but anywhere else and it might have just been considered a "natural position", but who can tell these days.

Willian's was a deliberate handball on the line to stop a certain goal.

Ours was an accidental handball deflecting a shot that may or may not have been going in.

Again, ours should 100% have been a penalty imo. But Willian's was about as stonewall a penalty and red card as you'll ever see.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Doesn’t look like the ball is outside the area to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Same. If it's the same rules as it is with the goal line (whole of the ball over the whole of the line) then it looks on the line to me.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Second angle looks more convincing. 

Because it's a massively skewed angle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Willian's was a deliberate handball on the line to stop a certain goal.

Ours was an accidental handball deflecting a shot that may or may not have been going in.

Again, ours should 100% have been a penalty imo. But Willian's was about as stonewall a penalty and red card as you'll ever see.

Accidental? Both hands were out in front of him. I just don't see how that was accidental.

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Second angle looks more convincing. It’s not good enough that VAR cannot like in the World Cup did, use more angles. The technology exists. 

No, the second angle is the one that's massively skewed so looks like the ball could be out - the best one showed there is the zoomed in one where it's right down the line.  From there, it looks like the ball is above the line.

In any case, it's nowhere near a "joke of a decision".

35 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Accidental? Both hands were out in front of him. I just don't see how that was accidental.

His hands were in front of him but he’s not deliberately trying to handball it is he? It would be an extremely strange thing to do in that position. He’s just jumping to try and block the ball and his hands are in the way of the ball. 
Plus there’s no way you can say that it was denying a definite goal. It might have been, but you can’t tell where that shot was going. 

Again, it 100% should have been a penalty. But there is a world of difference between that and Willian’s. 

33 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

👏👏 

Books the same player twice for simulation. Checks the sceeen twice, no ego, overturns both decisions to give Leverkusen 2 pens.

Wild that he thought the second was a dive but yeah the main thing is the correct decisions were made.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Wild that he thought the second was a dive but yeah the main thing is the correct decisions were made.

The first one was a dive, but was preceded by a foul so yes, correct decision to give the penalty. Maybe the fact the dive wasn't caused by the foul was playing on the refs mind for the second one.

Agree second one looked like a foul all day long, although refs view maybe it was less clear. Again right decision was made so that's important thing. 

On the first one, it's interesting that a player can fall over after a foul, even if that foul didn't cause them to fall over and not get any punishment for it. I suppose its drawing attention to the fact you've been fouled, but the line between whether it was a foul or not does start to get blurred when players throw themselves on the floor.

• Like 1

That's a bit much the ref's rep to say Mitrovic is in Cantina country. I mean one was a slight shove, the other a violent kick outside the field of pay on a fan (even of said fan was a shit). If anything it's a milder Di Canio scenario.

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

That's a bit much the ref's rep to say Mitrovic is in Cantina country. I mean one was a slight shove, the other a violent kick outside the field of pay on a fan (even of said fan was a shit). If anything it's a milder Di Canio scenario.

I'd say on par with DiCanio.  The ref dived from DiCanio's gentle push and he wasn't exactly shouting in the refs face when he did it. 

Egyptian referee Mohamed Farouk has been suspended for using a spectator's mobile phone to disallow a goal in a league match.

Al-Nasr thought they had scored a late equaliser away to Suez in a second division match last Friday.

There is no video assistant referee (VAR) in Egypt's second tier, but Farouk used the phone to watch a replay after the home side protested there was a handball.

Farouk then ruled the goal out.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65040042

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Craziness - so he gets punished for assessing the situation and awarding the correct outcome??

I know that goes against the grain for referees!

Imagine using readily available technology to quickly make the correct decision. Total madlad this guy.

• Like 1

Â