General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

Just now, bobzy said:

"Last man" isn't a rule - it has to deny a clear goalscoring opportunity which.... I don't know, this possibly could be but I can see why VAR doesn't intervene.

What I don't understand it how it isn't a foul and a yellow card given Mike Dean is literally watching it.  He's **** garbage.

Yeah it's not a rule but in situations like this it's kinda means the same thing as denying a clear goalscoring opportunity since McGinn is free on goal from the halfway line. If that's not a clear goalscoring opportunity then nothing is.

Fair enough if they feel he's too far away from the goal to give the red but that's a poor rule if so. But yeah, no matter what it should be a card.

• Like 1

I only watched the highlights, on mute, so I presumed the controversy in the Meatball/Maguire incident was about red card or not. That he didn’t even give a foul is absolutely shocking. 

20 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Dafuq, 12 v 11 at spurs, bit of a pattern forming. 5mins xtraTime and there's plenty time wasting in the 5 and he blows on 94.58 rocket polisher

foul on Luiz at the end was a joke

24 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Dafuq, 12 v 11 at spurs, bit of a pattern forming. 5mins xtraTime and there's plenty time wasting in the 5 and he blows on 94.58 rocket polisher

I#d already swithced off by then, but I didn't think he got much wrong today, one of the best refs we've had this season, though that's rather damning with faint praise

On 03/10/2021 at 15:56, Phil Silvers said:

This is one of my pet peeves.

Time wasting in injury time, the ref says he's going to add it on at the end, and then doesn't.

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not the video I was expecting 

nice looking store that

still a massive prick though isnt he, and just looking at him there he looks like a 50 year old guy who should own a record store...not a guy who should be chasing world class 20 year olds around a pitch for 90 minutes every Saturday, without wanting to body shame him or anything he looks like a completely normal guy but he does a job that should require a younger athletic guy, every time i look at him i just think he's literally not fit enough to referee

On 06/10/2021 at 19:57, Stevo985 said:

This is one of my pet peeves.

Time wasting in injury time, the ref says he's going to add it on at the end, and then doesn't.

He does if you are playing ManUre and they are not winning.

oh he is now owned record shop? we should've make a song in record, and sell to them, (in this case his wife accord his video she work here most of time.) and she make him hear our sing about him. music tell how we feeling about him, roll to next match he corrupted the games so he can finally sack and FA go back evidence all his ref with villa games, heavy fine, and issues apologies and how many games he throw away will toward point add to current table 😉 we will comfortable top of the table and he lose his record store and filled the bankrupt. Happy end.. 

oh sorry it is was my dream - wishfully. as i not this type to do real, as it is will disrespecting, i'm sorry make bad joke.

1 hour ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

oh he is now owned record shop? we should've make a song in record, and sell to them, (in this case his wife accord his video she work here most of time.) and she make him hear our sing about him. music tell how we feeling about him, roll to next match he corrupted the games so he can finally sack and FA go back evidence all his ref with villa games, heavy fine, and issues apologies and how many games he throw away will toward point add to current table 😉 we will comfortable top of the table and he lose his record store and filled the bankrupt. Happy end.. 

oh sorry it is was my dream - wishfully. as i not this type to do real, as it is will disrespecting, i'm sorry make bad joke.

I think when you talk about your dreams it makes the ASL harder to understand mate 😝

38 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

France’s winner in the nations league - its offside, pure and simple, farcical just as our game against city last season.

Yep, I absolutely hate that they aren't calling that. 

It's the same as the one against us where Mings got tackled after intercepting. 

The attacker is moving into an attacking position and is offside as the ball is played. He's interfering with the play at that point, because the defender wouldn't have behaved in the way he did if the attacker wasn't there. 

Ridiculous, garbage decision. The defender sticking a leg out is meaningless because it's already offside before that happens. 

• Like 1

There's a big grey area - as with a lot of football laws - and, for me (and in order of poorness)...

1.  There's no way Mings has played the ball against Man City.  Rodri tackled him from an offside position.  Ridiculous.
2.  Garcia has to try and make a slide tackle to attempt to intercept a ball going through to an offside player.  Ridiculous.
3.  Lovren has to try and make a clearance to stop the ball getting through to Kane.  He makes a massive hash of it, though.  Crap decision, but not as bad as the others.

However, in every scenario, it can absolutely be argued that the defending player has indeed "deliberately played the ball".

Personally, I think the offside player is impacting the decision making in every scenario and that is where the play should stop and offside is called.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There's a big grey area - as with a lot of football laws - and, for me (and in order of poorness)...

1.  There's no way Mings has played the ball against Man City.  Rodri tackled him from an offside position.  Ridiculous.
2.  Garcia has to try and make a slide tackle to attempt to intercept a ball going through to an offside player.  Ridiculous.
3.  Lovren has to try and make a clearance to stop the ball getting through to Kane.  He makes a massive hash of it, though.  Crap decision, but not as bad as the others.

However, in every scenario, it can absolutely be argued that the defending player has indeed "deliberately played the ball".

Personally, I think the offside player is impacting the decision making in every scenario and that is where the play should stop and offside is called.

I agree with you 100% here.

Begs the question, why is this ambiguity only seem to be affecting English refs?

Kane is offside and he dived.

As long as the decision they made was to book Kane, then I think they made the right decision - if not, then a flag would have been right.

I think if a defender deliberately plays a ball - you know, makes a pass, then it's different than trying to make a block - they could simplify the rule by just making offside offside, and getting rid of all this interfering nonsense - if you're on the pitch, you're interfering with play.

• Like 3

Â