General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

Moss for me

The shape of the man winds me up, when he makes a shit decision (about every 5 minutes...) I can't help but immediately go to the size of him, the age of him and the perceived lack of fitness and it being blindingly obvious that he shouldn't be there and just how unprofessional the whole thing looks 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's fair to say that's a poor decision.

It's a very poor decision - though I do love the comments from Mark Warburton (QPR manager):

"It's staggering to be that wrong on a major decision in a game of that importance."
Both sides are among the top scorers in the English Football League this season but did not name their strongest sides. QPR made six changes
(Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58963259)

Alright Mark :D 

5 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

What about VAR there?

I'm trying to figure out what the ref sees there, his studs are showing I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

I assume he thinks it's a foul and given Ampadu is the last man it's a goal scoring opportunity.

Which I think makes it not QUITE as bad as it is on first glance. 

Edited by Stevo985

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I assume he thinks it's a foul and given Ampadu is the last man it's a goal scoring opportunity.

Which I think makes it not QUITE as bad as it is on first glance. 

It’s still a shocking decision, certainly if VAR was available. It’s just not even remotely a foul. 

7 hours ago, El Zen said:

It’s still a shocking decision, certainly if VAR was available. It’s just not even remotely a foul. 

Oh I agree it's a poor decision.

I just think it's less shocking when you realise the red is for denying a goalscoring opportunity rather than serious foul play.

If the ref thinks that's a foul then I can see why it's a red.

The issue is that it isn't a foul.

• Like 3

This post relates to grass roots / junior football.

I watch my son play a lot (2 games per weekend) and the standard of officiating is truly awful, bordering on corruption. They have a whole respect thing from supporters and coaches but they often don’t help themselves with being completely **** inept. Obviously some offsides can be contentious, and from different angles it can look miles inside when the linesman was right to flag it off.

One incident today, ball rolls to the keeper, he picks it up as an attacker chases it down, he’s never getting it. Keeper scoops it up, attacked slides through him sending him up in the air. Potentially a very dangerous foul that could have caused a serious injury. A red card wouldn’t have been too harsh.

Ref did nothing. No card, no foul, didn’t actually do anything. Didn’t say a word. Acted like it never happened.

Its infuriating at any level.

There we’re several other absolute stone wall fouls where he not only didn’t give them he didn’t say anything. Sometimes they’ll acknowledge it by saying “no foul” or “play on” which at least shows they saw it. He was letting some horrendous fouls go without any kind of mention. 

Yes, they’re learning and it’s not as easy as it looks. But often, they are massive words removed who just don’t give a shit and only there for the £26.

8 hours ago, Genie said:

This post relates to grass roots / junior football.

I watch my son play a lot (2 games per weekend) and the standard of officiating is truly awful, bordering on corruption. They have a whole respect thing from supporters and coaches but they often don’t help themselves with being completely **** inept. Obviously some offsides can be contentious, and from different angles it can look miles inside when the linesman was right to flag it off.

One incident today, ball rolls to the keeper, he picks it up as an attacker chases it down, he’s never getting it. Keeper scoops it up, attacked slides through him sending him up in the air. Potentially a very dangerous foul that could have caused a serious injury. A red card wouldn’t have been too harsh.

Ref did nothing. No card, no foul, didn’t actually do anything. Didn’t say a word. Acted like it never happened.

Its infuriating at any level.

There we’re several other absolute stone wall fouls where he not only didn’t give them he didn’t say anything. Sometimes they’ll acknowledge it by saying “no foul” or “play on” which at least shows they saw it. He was letting some horrendous fouls go without any kind of mention. 

Yes, they’re learning and it’s not as easy as it looks. But often, they are massive words removed who just don’t give a shit and only there for the £26.

This is the same at Sunday League level.

You can break somebody's legs and not even get a yellow.

But what pisses me off is if you swore at the ref you'\d get a red without question. Not that I condone that, but ti shows where the priorities are.

On 27/10/2021 at 01:33, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's fair to say that's a poor decision.

Just looked through the Twitter comments on this. It seems that the majority of football fans don't understand offside and seem to think that the goalkeeper has some kind of special power and is the location of the offside point.

The offside rule is extremely simple and yet so many people don't understand it.

That bit doesn't really bother me that much, it's him blowing the whistle when El Ghazi was on the break.  I just don't understand how that is fair, especially when their third goal he let the play go on when Targett had made a foul on Antonio.  I swear I can't remember when we last got the benefit of the refs being incompetent.

• Like 2

I thought he got it right...

Hause was lucky not to see red, konsa clips him, as much as he puts his arms up and tries not to he clips his legs so the red is right

Nakamba was a coming together and looked knee in to thigh not studs or feet so it's not dangerous despite the reaction 

Bowen on mcginn isn't a red 

And they should have had a penalty for the young shirt pull 

Â