General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

26 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Another week, another week of being gaslighted by both PGMOL and the media that 'the rule is the rule' about one hand on the ball and the ball on the ground.

Irregardless Schmeichel doesn't have control. And if the ref sees it live and doesn't see a foul then why the **** is VAR getting involved??

Clear and obvious or stop using it altogether. We are constantly on the end of these ridiculous decisions.

According to the laws having one hand on the ball when it's on the ground is seen as the keeper having control so it's not really disputable and it was nigh on impossible for the ref to see it in real time.  The main thing is they clearly didn't know the other part of the rule which is pretty inexcusable.

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

My point is, and I guess I didn't make it very clear, is that if it's clear and obvious if the ref doesn't see it then VAR should be involved.

But cases like this where the ref clearly sees it and says no foul, why is VAR involved?

Also they are wrong based on rule 12 so...

I wouldn't mind this being the rule, tbh, but it isn't. I think they should commit one way or another though, and either have it there at the ref's request if they didn't see it, as a backup they can call on, or let VAR intervene whenever necessary. This half way house seems very strange to me.

47 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Tbh, as funny as it is, that's got to be a penalty. Can you imagine the reaction if he gave it though? Absolutely stupid from Mings

The still makes it look worse. Schmeichel is pushed by his own player which makes him even lower down on Mings, and Mings starts to go up for the header.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The still makes it look worse. Schmeichel is pushed by his own player which makes him even lower down on Mings, and Mings starts to go up for the header.

Schmeichel said similar in his interview 

The basics of the rule are. If he has his hand on the ball and he is about to pick it up to kick it out, or take a goal kick, you cannot come and kick the ball out his hand.

If he has just made a save and not got hold of the ball, which he hadn't, then you can kick it and the goal should have stood.

Huge error by the VAR crew and Oliver to change his mind.

I think they can ask to see it from different angles and speeds

Its another where the rule is shit, if the keeper uses one or two hands to pin the ball to the floor I can understand it but a couple of fingers and instantly kicked out its considered control? Nah I'm not having it 

Oliver no doubt understands it perfectly fine when he reads it written down in his book but when he sees it actually happening he doesn't know what he's looking at, same with far too many refs and far too many rules 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The basics of the rule are. If he has his hand on the ball and he is about to pick it up to kick it out, or take a goal kick, you cannot come and kick the ball out his hand.

If he has just made a save and not got hold of the ball, which he hadn't, then you can kick it and the goal should have stood.

I thought the rule was that if he pins it to the ground with one hand then it's judged as the keepers? So if Ramsey isn't there and smashes it in and he does get a full hand and stop the ball dead on the ground no one can come and boot it out 

The thing is it's so quick, he doesn't have control of that for me, it's not a full hand and it's still squirming, Ramsey has every right to go for it 

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the refs go to the monitor they're often only shown one angle at one particular speed. Doesn't seem very fair to me?

He saw it twice. The live TV angle and slow motion 

When they go the monitor its always overturned

Just now, villa4europe said:

I thought the rule was that if he pins it to the ground with one hand then it's judged as the keepers? So if Ramsey isn't there and smashes it in and he does get a full hand and stop the ball dead on the ground no one can come and boot it out 

The thing is it's so quick, he doesn't have control of that for me, it's not a full hand and it's still squirming, Ramsey has every right to go for it 

No they read it back on Sky today if ball rebounds from the keeper he isn't in full control with one hand 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I've seen games where there are about 3 different angles and they go up to the monitor and only see 1, and not even the one which was the most revealing. Definitely seems as if it could be manipulated.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yeah if that was the free kick at the end replay showed Johnny Evans at first collided with Schmiechel then he went into Mings and Young so it wasn't as deliberate as looked on that graphic although Mings certainly made him aware of his presence.

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I can actually remember one game ref went to monitor when Cash was supposed to have fouled a player in the box (might have been Palace at home last season). Went to have a look and decided to stick to original decision which was no penalty.

Think issue now is more things are being ignored which is good compared to some of the ridiculous handballs/offsides that were given for most of last season but refs feel they need to give pretty much everything they are sent over for.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Exactly, the fact that the c**** reviewing this stuff don't know the rules and can't appreciate the game as it is is bewildering.  Glad it didn't cost us

Â