General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

That Tarkowski tackle was worse than the one that McGinn got booked for. 

One was against a Chelsea player, need to protect the "superstars".

3 times Alonso literally just fell over protecting the ball and was given a free kick. Whereas Rudiger could barge into Watkins every long ball. 

Absolutely guarantee at some point when we play united next week Fernandes will fall over after someone steps in his shadow, free kick will be given. 

Mctominay or Fred will pile into Mcginn or Ramsey and the game will be "allowed to flow". Just an excuse for selective decision making which we all know will only favour the bigger revenue generating teams. 

Edited by pas5898
Typo
  • Like 3

On 13/09/2021 at 11:22, bobzy said:

He's not out of position really - those sort of block challenges happen a lot.  He doesn't come through Elliott, it's more to the side but his trailing leg obviously catches him.

I mean, it could well be a foul as he does catch Elliott after all, but it's nowhere near being a red card worthy tackle.  The injury has shaped the decision.

There’s a difference between a block and a lunge. Block tackles are normally from the front or the players are side to side. He’s left the ground and that from an angle which blindsides Elliott (IMO from behind). He’s a yard behind him. You can’t come from the side when you’re a yard behind. I’m not suggesting that he was trying to hurt him but making a tackle like that, there’s a higher probability than usual that you injure the player  

If he does it is with his left foot and sweeps the ball away, fair enough. His body weight will naturally shift away from Elliott but, there’s a very good chance from how he executes the tackle that his full body weight lands on Elliott which it does.

I just have a bad feeling about this “let it flow” stuff. Burnley again on Monday night. The refs in the PL are not of a high enough standard to make it work. It worked at the euros because the refs are better and the main tackles that they were letting flow were jostling for the ball where one player flings himself to the ground looking for a free. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

There’s a difference between a block and a lunge. Block tackles are normally from the front or the players are side to side. He’s left the ground and that from an angle which blindsides Elliott (IMO from behind). He’s a yard behind him. You can’t come from the side when you’re a yard behind. I’m not suggesting that he was trying to hurt him but making a tackle like that, there’s a higher probability than usual that you injure the player  

If he does it is with his left foot and sweeps the ball away, fair enough. His body weight will naturally shift away from Elliott but, there’s a very good chance from how he executes the tackle that his full body weight lands on Elliott which it does.

I just have a bad feeling about this “let it flow” stuff. Burnley again on Monday night. The refs in the PL are not of a high enough standard to make it work. It worked at the euros because the refs are better and the main tackles that they were letting flow were jostling for the ball where one player flings himself to the ground looking for a free. 

Yes Common sense is missing with these premier league refs and they are all to arrogant, when “he who shall not be named” was playing for us Against Burnley I was always hoping for him to release  the ball quicker and carry the ball less in fear fo what they might to, aggression is fine but Burnley are just plain dirty

• Like 1

Elliott is unhappy that the red card wasn't rescinded. I think its farcical that fans weren't allowed see replays at the time 

If Struijk headbutted Elliott they would show it over and over again. **** they didnt do similar for Wesley 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Elliott is unhappy that the red card wasn't rescinded. I think its farcical that fans weren't allowed see replays at the time 

If Struijk headbutted Elliott they would show it over and over again. **** they didnt do similar for Wesley 

Yeah it's mad, considering htey showed Eriksen dying on the pitch for about 10 minutes

• Like 1

I'm pretty surprised they haven't overturned the red card - or at least seen the ban reduced.

Let's face it, there's absolutely zero chance that similar tackles (not ending in bad injury) will see red cards this season.  Farce.

• 2 weeks later...

I picture Mike Dean a bit like that guy from Empire Strikes Back and that he gets some signal via a chip when his betting syndicate overlords feel he should or should not make a call. Technique has no doubt moved forward so would explain why he doesn't look like this.

1980 peli GIF on GIFER - by Thetargas

12 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I rewatched the highlights and what the actual **** was Mike Dean looking at when Maguire took out SJM?  Unbelievable 😂

I thought Dean was pretty similarly awful against both sides, but missing the Maguire foul is utter incompetence.  He also gave a free kick to Man Utd after two of our players (I think McGinn and Cash?) tackled players and passed the ball.  There was absolutely no foul anywhere at all.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I thought Dean was pretty similarly awful against both sides, but missing the Maguire foul is utter incompetence.  He also gave a free kick to Man Utd after two of our players (I think McGinn and Cash?) tackled players and passed the ball.  There was absolutely no foul anywhere at all.

Yeah it wasn’t biased awful, it was incompetence awful. Just affected us more obviously.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Mike Dean everyone, no one quite like him thankfully. Blatant red card as he's the last man so VAR should have alerted Mike Dean as well. 

"Last man" isn't a rule - it has to deny a clear goalscoring opportunity which.... I don't know, this possibly could be but I can see why VAR doesn't intervene.

What I don't understand it how it isn't a foul and a yellow card given Mike Dean is literally watching it.  He's **** garbage.

• Like 2

Â