General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Visser I think the Brentford sub was allowed just kick people, could have got 2 bookings 

It was comical. Came on and just fouled people left, right, centre, up and down. About five bookable offences for which I think the ref gave us a total of one free kick. 

20 minutes ago, El Zen said:

It was comical. Came on and just fouled people left, right, centre, up and down. About five bookable offences for which I think the ref gave us a total of one free kick. 

The one on ings was ridiculous 

I bet in their forums they're raging over the disallowed goal, the Luiz red card and the penalty shout though 

Edited by villa4europe

Both our home matches have had awful, awful management from the officials. 

They seem to be actively avoiding giving free kicks for obvious fouls all in the name of 'letting the game flow'.

This only has the entirely predictable outcome of winding the players up and getting them booked moments later. 

Letting the game flow should include ignoring Canos' bullshit dive when he ran into El Ghazi, and booking the dick who kicked the ball out of Martinez's hands. Preventing a keeper kicking the ball is just a simple yellow as far as I know. As is diving like Willock did last week.

Yet our players get triggered with yellows instantly.

Standards have taken a step back this year IMO.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Both our home matches have had awful, awful management from the officials. 

They seem to be actively avoiding giving free kicks for obvious fouls all in the name of 'letting the game flow'.

This only has the entirely predictable outcome of winding the players up and getting them booked moments later. 

Letting the game flow should include ignoring Canos' bullshit dive when he ran into El Ghazi, and booking the dick who kicked the ball out of Martinez's hands. Preventing a keeper kicking the ball is just a simple yellow as far as I know. As is diving like Willock did last week.

Yet our players get triggered with yellows instantly.

Standards have taken a step back this year IMO.

Let the game flow then when the crowd gets rightly pissed off just start chucking yellow cards out like their sweets.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It’s not been this bad for a while.

Due to the new guidance, some fouls are yellow cards that are waved away in other circumstances. It’s ridiculous.

They have tried to make everything as vague as possible in order to be able to manipulate certain match defining moments, probably a 12 points per season swing that could help around half a dozen companies finish in the top 6 every season. Corrupt, but those 6 clubs are great, really great for the game.

PL is corrupt. The referees and officials are corrupt. The way they utilise VAR is baffling. Teams lower than the big 6 aren’t allowed to catch up as the powers that be won’t allow it if possible. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I thought the ref was poor tonight, I dont even have the pregame bias of knowing his name. He wanted to give Chelsea more. The yellows for McGinn and Targett were farcical

Said in the match thread the mcginn yellow card he doesn't understand what he's looking at

McGinn plays the ball with his left foot in the tackle but it's not clean and plays it off jorghino, with his right foot he's then played the rebounding ball

He's played the ball 2 times with both legs in the space of a split second 

I can only guess that the ref thinks he's gone in heavy and 2 footed but he hasn't its really good super quick play and he's punished because it's too quick for the ref to see it

Just reminded of another shit thing tonight, traore took on 4 players (of course he did...) they all close round him barging him about, ball got stuck in the mix... Chelsea free kick 

Is it just me who almost as a cliche says its a good job he didn't have to make a big decision because he would have got it wrong 

That was tonight 

Â