Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

On 09/05/2021 at 18:48, hippo said:

I think Mcguin and Luiz are average prem players. I'm really not sure Sansom is any other than more of the same.

Think we got hoodwinked by lots of people saying nice things about him - which concerns me.

I know he hasn't got many minutes for us - and any judgement is premature. But we need better than this if we are to push on.

That's exactly it. More of the same. For what purpose?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

That's exactly it. More of the same. For what purpose?

That's what's I mean. Most of the players we buy now should be to make an impact at first team level. Shuffling Sansom for Mcginn (etc)really isn't going to take us forward.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2021 at 01:21, paul514 said:

Why don’t the people moaning just call him a baguette eating dickhead frog and move on with their lives 😂

Sanson is a good player and will be important for us next year, the lads getting up to speed and is now injured, lay off.

Quite. He's played 291 minutes ffs. 

• Like 2

I think he (and pretty much all of our midfielders) would benefit from a bigger more physically imposing CM to play alongside. They can then focus on getting on the second ball and launching our attacks. It’s way too soon to form any opinion of him. 
Anybody know what’s wrong with him and when he’s likely to be back?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sanson has had less opportunities than ramsey so shouldnt we be writing off ramsey as well if we going to do this?

Both for me its still too early to jufge how good or bad they are

" I sentence you to Off Topic, or wherever you came from " - @AVTuco

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think he (and pretty much all of our midfielders) would benefit from a bigger more physically imposing CM to play alongside. They can then focus on getting on the second ball and launching our attacks. It’s way too soon to form any opinion of him. 

Totally agree. I think we have tried to convert Luiz into a 6 and, over a long run of appearances, I do not think he is the permanent answer; more of an 8 than a 6 IMO. Getting that physcial 6 would free up the likes of Luiz, McGinn and Sansom as they are clearly ball players as opposed to defensively minded sitters. I will be extremely surprised if that physical, tall no6 is not signed in the Summer - an absolute must for me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Exactly this, we have a midfield full of number 8's, box to box midfielders that are very good at passing a ball. However because we don't have a defensive midfielder in our side we persist in putting two midfielders into the deep role to do a job that one player should do; it then limits them doing what they are good at.

If we can get a good DM in over the Summer it then allows us to experiment with the midfield and allow some of our players to do what they are good instead of being shackled.

• Like 3

When did we last have a big physical imposing centre midfielder? I genuinely can't think of one since Taylor but am obviously missing someone. In my head we always seem to have wee fellas running about in our midfield.

19 hours ago, hippo said:

That's what's I mean. Most of the players we buy now should be to make an impact at first team level. Shuffling Sansom for Mcginn (etc)really isn't going to take us forward.

De Bruyne was a similar profile to who we are looking to recruit now in our midfield when he was bought from Genk. He was poor as he struggled to settle for two seasons at Chelsea (went on Loan to Werder for one though) not making an instant impact and the fans got on his back and he was sold. 

One of the biggest mistakes they ever made. 

Edited by Steero113

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Quite. He's played 291 minutes ffs. 

Weren’t people saying last season that Targett wasn’t good enough at this level?

Given time to settle and improve and he’s been one of our best players this season.

We’ll see Sanson improve next season. I have no doubt at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eholm said:

Totally agree. I think we have tried to convert Luiz into a 6 and, over a long run of appearances, I do not think he is the permanent answer; more of an 8 than a 6 IMO. Getting that physcial 6 would free up the likes of Luiz, McGinn and Sansom as they are clearly ball players as opposed to defensively minded sitters. I will be extremely surprised if that physical, tall no6 is not signed in the Summer - an absolute must for me. 

This 100%.

Sanson will compete for one of the ‘box to box’ roles, but we do need a DM imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Exactly this, we have a midfield full of number 8's.

Agree with this, we don't have a really good 6, we have a midfield full of 8s!

• Like 2

Dean Smith, pretty clearly stated we got him in early due to finances, but it gives him chance to settle and expect to see the best of him next season. 

He was a 30m player with lots of clubs interested. I genuinely believe we will see the best of him next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

When did we last have a big physical imposing centre midfielder? I genuinely can't think of one since Taylor but am obviously missing someone. In my head we always seem to have wee fellas running about in our midfield.

Jedinak?

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

De Bruyne was a similar profile to who we are looking to recruit now in our midfield when he was bought from Genk. He was poor as he struggled to settle for two seasons at Chelsea (went on Loan to Werder for one though) not making an instant impact and the fans got on his back and he was sold. 

One of the biggest mistakes they ever made. 

He won't get two seasons if he struggles. 

The policy with our younger players is now if they aren't cutting it - by about 21, they won't be kept on - sure you will miss out on the odd late developer but on the whole I think that policy is the right one.

Sansom isn't a young player though. If he doesn't cut it I don't think the club will be adverse to listening to offers - same for any player on the fringes.

18 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Dean Smith, pretty clearly stated we got him in early due to finances, but it gives him chance to settle and expect to see the best of him next season. 

He was a 30m player with lots of clubs interested. I genuinely believe we will see the best of him next season. 

Lets just hope his best is good enough.

• Like 1

Â