Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

funny how the tables turn. liverpool could face our kids just over a year after we thrashed theirs. could be ugly...hopefully if it comes to it our lads are able to take the positives from the experience

• Like 1

The problem in playing the U23's would be that we have one of the youngest U23 squads currently due to the rebuild of our academy and youth system.

Most players are between 16 and 18 years old.

Against a Liverpool reserve side they would most likely receive an embarrassing beating; it just wouldn't do well for them going forward.

Forfeit the cup and concentrate on the league with a stack of midweek games to catch up on. 

• Like 1

I just hope that none of the players end up with a form of long covid, or even medium covid. 

I've know people who had Covid with pretty minor symptoms, but they still felt tired and fatigued for a few weeks afterwards.

• Like 3

Just now, wilko154 said:

Against a Liverpool reserve side they would most likely receive an embarrassing beating; it just wouldn't do well for them going forward.

They'd get over it pretty quickly. Nobody would expect anything other than they lose 5 or 6 nil.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, birdman said:

What's the point of a cup final that no one can attend? 

The Emirates do not like this post 

The thing is with all this money that they'll have to give back if things don't go ahead is just how much of the future payments have they banked? Surely they haven't spent the 2021 sponsorship / TV revenue based on what they knew in 2020 and it can't all be wages

With the 3rd friendly internationals and stuff the FA seem a bit desperate for cash 

• Haha 1

I've been surprised how long we've largely avoided covid bar a few players and staff getting it right at the start.

This sort of thing was only a matter of time and that's why I wasn't joining in with sizeable number on here demanding Newcastle send an under 16 team to play us 6 weeks ago which dosen't look too clever now as we're in exactly same situation.

Not sure our game will have to go ahead as Southampton-Shrewsbury was postponed a few hours ago. Guess it depends on what both clubs decide, Liverpool might fancy a 10 day break to get a breather given their dodgy run of form so wouldn't shock me if this is played on 4th round weekend now.

We should put some sort of team out though as just pulling out of the cup feels wrong to me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

The problem in playing the U23's would be that we have one of the youngest U23 squads currently due to the rebuild of our academy and youth system.

Forfeit the cup and concentrate on the league with a stack of midweek games to catch up on. 

I am sure the media would call it suitable revenge for the 7-2 😂

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If we postpone the cup game, when can we fit it in?

If we postpone the Spurs game, when can Spurs fit it in?

I have a feeling we're going to end up playing four games in a week in May at some point.

and we win them all 

9 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

This. 

Will damage those kids. We lost 6/7 to someone in the check a trade a year ago or so. Liverpool B could put double digits past them. 

Not worth it. Forfeit, rest. Don't risk anymore. We are already 2 games behind. 

Edited by pas5898

We could play this on 4th round date - the difficulties would then come if we won and drew a team that are in European competition. There's room in our calendar for games, but if we draw a team in Europe they might not find it so easy. Liverpool could fit in a game on the 4th round date, but might then struggle to get their 4th round game into the schedule if they beat us.

Â