Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

If we are watching it, even if we are embarrassed, then I guess that means we are safe and well and at this moment in time very fortunate. 

Great experience for the kids and for some, if not most, one of the highlights of their careers. 

Up the Villa. 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

is there a deadline or could we snap up a few free agents before the game, surely the FA would give us some leeway. Local players like Andre Green a one game deal if interested

Yeah, If The FA are happy to make a mockery of their own competition then we should call upon Hutton, Petrol, Gabby etc 😉 

I hope whomever we put out, Liverpool play the game seriously.  We'll very probably get smashed, but hear me out.

Since Southampton got absolutely bummed 0-8, they've changed their attitude and become great.  Getting pillared by the champions will show our kids the level we ultimately require.  I'm certain our kids will be ready for it and approach the game properly, but for those who are head and shoulders above their own age groups, this really could be the making of them, if they can take on board the occasion. 

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So we play kids tonight.  Spurs say you played a 23 side against liverpool play them again against us you have 14 players.

Then what?

Fulham and Man City both played on Boxing day and then Man. City cancelled game 48 hours later, Fulham ironically v Spurs.

Not happy with the youth team out in 3rd round of cup but we should not be made to put out any team v Spurs as that would make whole mockery of premier league season given Newcastle weren't made to v us a few weeks back in exactly the same situation.

Hopefully Everton game can still go ahead if we can get a couple of days training going although common sense move would be to move that to the Sunday. Everton are playing Wolves next Tuesday and have the next week without a game so think they'd be o.k agreeing to it.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Fourteen positive tests - ten of those are players.

It’s a lot and I presume this figure could rise over the next few days?  Will take us a little while to recover from this. 

Purslow saying ten players have tested positive and then a second later saying "it's far too early to think about the Spurs game" shows the degree to which these guys protect the Premier league. I think it would be a miracle if that game goes ahead.

10 players could be 1 or 2 first teamers and the rest youth and reserves and vice versa. Only 1 or 2 might get symptoms. Sounds shocking but maybe too soon to panic.

• Like 1

Â