Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

Have the rules on the 25 man squad for the Premier League changed?  I mean our whole squad has the virus or are isolating so I would guess Spurs and Everton are off and Man City is touch and go if we cannot train much before that game.

We cannot play anyone outside if that 25 by the rules.

Edited by S-Platt

5 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Have the rules on the 25 man squad for the Premier League changed?  I mean our whole squad has the virus or are isolating so I would guess Spurs and Everton are off and Man City is touch and go if we cannot train much before that game.

I might be wrong but I didn't think kids counted towards the 25?

12 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Kids don't count. Think it's anyone under 21 doesn't count towards the 25 Man Squad.

They can still play in the first team though, just don't take up squad places.

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well the PL have set a precedent in cancelling the game’s previously so they cannot force us to play now just because it’s inconvenient for the opposition and their remaining fixture schedule.

Agree. I’ll be shocked if the Wednesday game is not postponed.  My understanding is today’s game had to be played as there was no scope to reschedule before the forth round. So it was either forfeit or a get a team together. 

Premier league is a different situation. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well the PL have set a precedent in cancelling the game’s previously so they cannot force us to play now just because it’s inconvenient for the opposition and their remaining fixture schedule.

Agreed. The club should explore legal options if they try to make us field a youth team when other PL fixtures have been cancelled. They can't just make the rules up as they go along and pretend that the competition has any integrity. 

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Irresponsible of the FA to allow games to go ahead with Covid jumping around from person to person like mad and killing people. As much as we want football, at this moment in time we shouldnt take the piss with Covid, we are asking for trouble us humans are, get rid the right way by following lockdown.

The fact Covid doesnt care who you are, what you got, what you've done,it doesnt care about anything and it cant be reasoned with, if you contract it, theres a good chance it can kill you, why do people keep thinking they can carry on normally.

It's time everyone started behaving responsibly with this Desease.

It’s actually very unlikely that it will kill you but I understand the sentiment of the post. 

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

Well that proves that his bollocks about not realising we'd field such an understrength side was a flat-out lie then. He's a prat. 

Klopp is the biggest prick in football, he acts like a happy guy but is an absolute prick. If not a "funny happy guy" he would be Mourinho 

Absolute dickhead 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Genie said:

The idea is the £5m earmarked for Covid testing could instead be given to the NHS in exchange for about £20k worth of vaccines.

Money isn't the issue for the NHS though at the moment, it's more the lack of supply of vaccines. Every vaccine to a young, fit footballer who has no realistic chance of developing serious complications is one less vulnerable person who can be vaccinated. Taking a few thousand vaccines from the vulnerable to footballers will be guaranteed to result in deaths which could otherwise have been avoided. It wouldn't look great. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, blunther said:

Money isn't the issue for the NHS though at the moment, it's more the lack of supply of vaccines. Every vaccine to a young, fit footballer who has no realistic chance of developing serious complications is one less vulnerable person who can be vaccinated. Taking a few thousand vaccines from the vulnerable to footballers will be guaranteed to result in deaths which could otherwise have been avoided. It wouldn't look great. 

Absolutely true. Also, it takes between a month and two for the body to create the antibodies for the virus, it's not magically immediate immunity like some seem to imagine. Players will have to be tested even after getting a vaccine. 

They shouldn't be getting it, instead the league should be suspended for at least a month, probably more. 

32 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Absolutely true. Also, it takes between a month and two for the body to create the antibodies for the virus, it's not magically immediate immunity like some seem to imagine. Players will have to be tested even after getting a vaccine. 

They shouldn't be getting it, instead the league should be suspended for at least a month, probably more. 

I'm pretty sure it's 7-14 days. Antibodies are produced immediately and start providing protection from the start but they peak 10-14 days after administration.

1 hour ago, blunther said:

I agree, the PR needs to be managed. Maybe if they got an “additional” order to what the UK is scheduled to get then there won’t be any uproar. I have a feeling the football league, and other big sporting organisations like the Olympics will get their hands on vaccines one way or another.

Â