Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Training with the first team doesn't rule them out.

We've picked a new bubble of U23 and U18 players that have tested negative - so if for example Barry and Kesler have trained with the first team, they could have been moved to the new U23/U18 bubble and play tonight - they'll stop mixing with the first team at Bodymoor until we're clear of infection, but they'll be available to play.

I thought they have to isolate if they've been in close contact mate?

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Training with the first team doesn't rule them out.

We've picked a new bubble of U23 and U18 players that have tested negative - so if for example Barry and Kesler have trained with the first team, they could have been moved to the new U23/U18 bubble and play tonight - they'll stop mixing with the first team at Bodymoor until we're clear of infection, but they'll be available to play.

Why not? Why wouldn't first contact rule them on? Based on everything else that doesn't make sense to me. 

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If we're lucky with the symptoms and the severity of the infection on individuals, this could really help to balance our season - we could play any rescheduled games on FA Cup dates and have the simplest schedule of pretty much any team in the top half - with the limited size of our first team squad, it could bring us a big benefit at the business end of the season.

This is exactly what I tried to say earlier, thanks.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I thought they have to isolate if they've been in close contact mate?

As far as I can tell, in theory we could play anyone who has produced a negative test result.

We've chosen not to do that in order to protect whatever is left of our first team bubble and to do that we've selected a new U23/U18 bubble.

If that's the case (and I'm not sure it is, I'm going off bits here and there) then if a player produced a negative test, then where they trained last week is less important than which bubble they're in this morning.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

As far as I can tell, in theory we could play anyone who has produced a negative test result.

We've chosen not to do that in order to protect whatever is left of our first team bubble and to do that we've selected a new U23/U18 bubble.

If that's the case (and I'm not sure it is, I'm going off bits here and there) then if a player produced a negative test, then where they trained last week is less important than which bubble they're in this morning.

Nope - looks like this is a load of rubbish - those that trained with the first team are, by the sound of things ruled out.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I bet he won't. Everyone seems to think Klopp is this top bloke because he's got a big smile and has a bit of a laugh sometimes. He's as ungracious and bitter as they come. He'll see this as a revenge opportunity and he'll take it.

I'm amazed it's going ahead, really am. Can't wait to hear from Dean, although he'll probably be as magnanimous as ever about it.

It could backfire on him and Liverpool a bit.  Yeah beating us 5-0, 7-0 is fine but higher will start looking like hitting a vulnerable team and one thing about English people is that love a good beating but more they hate the weakened being picked on and love supporting an underdog.

We beat their kids through their choice, they will be beating us when we are weakened through no fault of our own and people are suffering. 

I expect them to beat us comfortably but I expect them to put on the brakes so not to look bad.  They will wait until the league game until they go for our throats and get revenge.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Nope - looks like this is a load of rubbish - those that trained with the first team are, by the sound of things ruled out.

That's my thinking. It would be mental to suggest otherwise. 

30 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Lots of Pool fans on Twitter creaming themselves wanting 'revenge'. Chortling to themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if they put a stronger team out.

i dont know if Elmo has a Twitter account but I see a lot of fans looking for revenge for his celebration vs them last season when he scored

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Imagine if we get a corner! 😂

Time for this I imagine in every Villa household. The front fella (me) will have the game live on WM.  😄

happy golden girls GIF by TV Land

Edited by ferguson1

Genuinely would rather we'd turned round and told them we weren't playing. They'd have threatened us, fined us probably.

I don't see any benefit in the club sending a bunch of kids out to take a massive beating by Liverpool. They should be looking after these lads to make sure they have good careers not feeding them to the lions. It's poor from the FA to do this and poor from the club to allow it to happen.

14 minutes ago, Rodders said:

ha revenge over U18's :D yeah cause that's the same. liverpool fans will never stop being weird

lol exactly what i was thinking. Always have been a strange bunch 

22 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It could backfire on him and Liverpool a bit.  Yeah beating us 5-0, 7-0 is fine but higher will start looking like hitting a vulnerable team and one thing about English people is that love a good beating but more they hate the weakened being picked on and love supporting an underdog.

We beat their kids through their choice, they will be beating us when we are weakened through no fault of our own and people are suffering. 

I expect them to beat us comfortably but I expect them to put on the brakes so not to look bad.  They will wait until the league game until they go for our throats and get revenge.

and we will be ready 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah, That was my understanding of it. 

Half of the U23's were training with the first team so will be missing 

This will be made up of U18's and 1st/2nd year scholars that have probably been nowhere near the U23's

Edited by Kingman

11 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Yeah, That was my understanding of it. 

Half of the U23's were training with the first team so will be missing 

This will be made up of U18's and 1st/2nd year scholars that have probably been nowhere near the U23's

and Lansbury ;)

• Like 1

Â