Covid outbreak Jan 2021

NurembergVillan

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's not really, the EFL get the TV revenue from the Carabao Cup and the FA get the TV revenue from the FA Cup. Why would either organisation want their cash cow scrapped when they wouldn't get any compensation?

Tough shit. If they can't legally cancel it, all clubs could have declined entry. The season will not be able to be finish before the Euros, that much is becoming obvious. It isnt helped that we dedicate an entire weekend to this two bit waste of time farce of a cup that no player, manager or team want to participate in.

You do have to laugh that our fixture congestion is a result of other teams outbreaks and games postponed as a result. When it happens to us its full steam ahead!!

But as I said, the FA have no choice because in their infinite wisdom, they have tried to squeeze 50 match days into 30 weeks and it's now impossible to postpone anymore.

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It's a joke.

Good luck to the youngsters.

Feels like the FA just want to appease the elite clubs.

Meh - it happens. They didn't appease them last season when they had the Club World Cup fixture congestion, this seems to be a case of the rules being the rules. 

• Like 1

Good luck to the youngsters! They’re gonna need it. I expect Klopp to field a much changed side but I’m also aware that our 23s are much younger than most other teams. It’s likely to be the most one sided match you’ve ever seen. 

However, imagine if our kids actually beat them! They won’t, but it would be wild if they did. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I hope Klopp does the right thing and plays his kids too. 

I bet he won't. Everyone seems to think Klopp is this top bloke because he's got a big smile and has a bit of a laugh sometimes. He's as ungracious and bitter as they come. He'll see this as a revenge opportunity and he'll take it.

I'm amazed it's going ahead, really am. Can't wait to hear from Dean, although he'll probably be as magnanimous as ever about it.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I bet he won't. Everyone seems to think Klopp is this top bloke because he's got a big smile and has a bit of a laugh sometimes. He's as ungracious and bitter as they come. He'll see this as a revenge opportunity and he'll take it.

I'm amazed it's going ahead, really am. Can't wait to hear from Dean, although he'll probably be as magnanimous as ever about it.

Lots of Pool fans on Twitter creaming themselves wanting 'revenge'. Chortling to themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if they put a stronger team out.

1 minute ago, a-k said:

Pretty sad if you think thrashing a team forced to play a bunch of teenagers is any sort of revenge for (a) your first team getting thrashed 7-2, or (b) you getting thrashed when voluntarily choosing to play youngsters

They are Liverpool fans after all. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Its a fallacy, Fair enough playing full strength U23 team but half of them were training with the first team so will be missing. 

This will be made up of U18's and 1st/2nd year scholars that have probably been nowhere near the U23's 

Can't see how a 8 or 9-0 hammering dose anything for the develpoment of confidence and morale. 

Just now, Kingman said:

Its a fallacy, Fair enough playing full strength U23 team but half of them were training with the first team so will be missing. 

Training with the first team doesn't rule them out.

We've picked a new bubble of U23 and U18 players that have tested negative - so if for example Barry and Kesler have trained with the first team, they could have been moved to the new U23/U18 bubble and play tonight - they'll stop mixing with the first team at Bodymoor until we're clear of infection, but they'll be available to play.

Â