Ratings & Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/21 at 12:00

When you are slightly disappointed you haven't taken all 3 points at Chelsea it shows how far we've come. Excellent to a man. Again. Honourable mention to Ramsey. Fantastic cameo. Nearly scored. Watched him in those last 15 minutes when we were out of possession. Positional sense is very mature for his age.

Considering the performance with ten men against Palce two days ago, I think that was a fantastic result. We were lacking a little spark but games that close together and being down to ten men in the first game will do that to a team

Great rsult. McGinn was MOTM for me such a workhorse at both ends of the pitch

• Like 3

DS got a good from me. Tactically outplayed during early exchanges, but good man management to reeducate Traore on his job, and Chelsea got much less traction down our right hand side in second half.

Rest up lads!!

• Confused 1

That's a phenomenal point. I genuinely thought we'd just fall off in the second half and Chelsea would pick us apart but that didn't happen at all, incredible determination and mentality from these boys. 

What an absolutely brilliant end to 2020 for this club. 

• Like 2

I live literally a stone's throw from Barr Beacon school where Jacob Ramsey went to. If that shot had gone in, I'd have ran over the road, pulled my Villa shirt over my head and celebrated in the playground! 

• Like 4

Really, really pleased with that. 

The improvements in our fitness, defence and mentality are immense. Dean and the team deserve so much credit. 

Yes, we looked tired but we didn’t stop digging in and could’ve won it. I’m pretty confident that a more well-rested Villa would have.

We played really well against a good side who smashed us last year. We have improved leaps and.bounds. I just love how we will always try and score. The energy was astonishing considering the minimal rest we've had. I know McGinn was astonishing, but I gave Mom to Traore as I've been so impressed by him lately. He was everywhere in the first half and it feels like he's integral to the side.

We could have won it too. Delighted though.

Â