Ratings & Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/21 at 12:00

I'll take a draw there lads looked knackered and a bit leggy.

SJM motm like a demented energizer bunny never stopped running. Nearly broke the goal with his volley. I like him a little bit more forward of duggy like in the second half. 

Need to sign some cover as this squad is no where big enough and I struggled to think who D S was going to bring on.

Anyways unbeaten over Xmas 5th in the table  great to be a Villa supporter at the moment.

• Like 2

Superb point, Super John McGinn immense. We looked knackered for  long periods of that game and still found a way back into it and could have had all three points. Nice Ramsey cameo aside we need to invest in 2 or 3 so we have a competitive bench. We looked very well organised and we had a plan to nullify them and it worked for the most part. Impressive stuff, lots of hard work for each other and we look a proper team.

We are really over achieving at the moment though given our squad, Barkley coming back will help though numbers wise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

11 from 15. One goal conceded. Well worth a point today. 

Deano should be getting December manager of the month barring a horror show on Friday. Well Done Villa! 

That's a January fixture. He's got it in the bag. One goal conceded. Undefeated month. He's got it in the bag. 

Impressive performance again. Chelsea the better team over 90 minutes, but not by a lot and we could easily had won it.

Pretty amazing that we can go toe to toe against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge even thou our players are surely fatigued and they have a much, much better squad. 

Great team effort but I am starting to worry about fatigue catching up to us. We have I think 6 or 7 players who have played every minute of every game. It will take a toll over time.

• Like 1

Likely I won’t have to listen to the dross that Jim Beglin spews until the next round of fixtures on Amazon in 12 months time and to be honest that is too soon. What an absolute bellwhiff honestly. Sick of the media love in for the “big six.” 

• Like 3

Can't complain about that point at all, especially given that Chelsea's rotated squad was fresher and they had been bossing the midfield towards the end of the first half. Good character, and we didn't look nervy towards the end at all despite them going for it a bit.

An unbelievably energetic performance from McGinn having played a game, half of it with ten men, two days prior. Traore was mostly very tidy and efficient in possession as well; out midfield being settled and excellent at keeping the ball has made such a difference.

Those incredible efforts from Chilwell and McGinn that hit the woodwork could have decided it but a draw was fair on balance.

A really sensible, unintrusive refereeing performance as well for my money

Also nobody got suspended for Utd, right?

Edited by Annoyman
  • Like 2

Apart from Liverpool, Chelsea are the best home team in the divison, a draw is a very good result, and is always better when you come from behind. Four points from them and Palace in the space of three days is very good going, even better when you take into consideration that we played with ten for most of the game versus Palace.

• Like 2

Â