Ratings & Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/21 at 12:00

Thoroughly deserved point and we won't earn a better one this season! So proud of these lads.

They were able to make 6 changes and still field a real class outfit whereas all ours played 48 hours ago and to work as hard as we did and match them, particularly McGinn who was colossal tonight, was absolutely superb. Not to mention without Mings either just adds to a fantastic result.

I will add that Jim Beglin (co-commentator) is a complete word removed.

Love this club 💜 💙 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

‘Mind the windows, Timo’

Think I missed this meme. Someone said it after the Palace game. 

Sorry to be a dullard, but could someone explain?

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Cry more Chelsea fans. Christensen fould Jack and advantage was given. They aren't going to review something that happened in a different passage of play.

Just been explained by Clattenburg on telly, so STFU Chelsea spivs

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I see your angle, but I, and I suspect a lot of other people, will think you’re wrong.

Nakamba and Hourihane would have added nothing to our performance and Cash was superb so not sure who you’re bringing Elmo off for.

Absolutely fine to disagree mate. Cash was superb. I'd have swapped Elmo for Traore at roughly 60'. Smith is in my view naive, usually waiting until 80 or so before doing anything. I fear it will cost us at some point. Maybe I'm just still nervous from all the shit years, and the many late crumblings in the past.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Mings was only missed for his distribution from the back. Otherwise, Konsa and Hause were fine defensively.

Traore switched on more second half and did his job of defending, fair play to him. El Ghazi got his customary goal. 

Our full backs were solid - again. 

Martinez was solid as usual. 

Luiz and McGinn hot through some work with McGinn the more combatant and unlucky not to score - MOTM. 

Watkins had his usual busy game but had no sight of goal. 

Grealish had a quiet one by his standards but was still a threat when in the final third. 

Hause had a couple of bad passes out the back but all in all he performed well defensively. 

I'm ready for Grealish to move out left again. I want him closer to the goal. He creates for others but honestly our attackers aren't good to finish most of the chances he creates. Then when he does get a run on goal he has already sprinted 40 yards and he is spent before the shot. 

Â