Ratings & Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/21 at 12:00

I said in the pre match thread that I couldn't get confident of playing these kind of teams but we absolutely went toe to toe. 

We are no longer going to places like Stamford Bridge as mere cannon fodder like we have been for years.  Could have even got the win with that McGinn strike. 

Our progress is quite remarkable. 

• Like 1

Good point. Unbeaten in 5. 1 goal conceded. 16 points on the road. Exceptional form. Looked a bit leggy understandably, but they put in a shift and did us proud. McGinn MOTM, Cash/Emi closely behind. 5 in 5 for Anwar is some turnaround. 

very pleased. Up to 5th keeping Chelsea below us with 2 games in hand on them.

Fantastic point against a strong Chelsea side. They need a new crossbar at the shed end. McGinn motm for me but good again from everyone. First points from going a goal down. Progress progress progress. I'm loving this team, 5th place with game in hand at Xmas is amazing. We'll prob be 8th by start of Jan which is ok with me

Mings was only missed for his distribution from the back. Otherwise, Konsa and Hause were fine defensively.

Traore switched on more second half and did his job of defending, fair play to him. El Ghazi got his customary goal. 

Our full backs were solid - again. 

Martinez was solid as usual. 

Luiz and McGinn hot through some work with McGinn the more combatant and unlucky not to score - MOTM. 

Watkins had his usual busy game but had no sight of goal. 

Grealish had a quiet one by his standards but was still a threat when in the final third. 

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

A brilliant point. We were tired and it showed. My only qualm is Smith's hesitancy to make changes. Everyone knows the bench is shit, but they are still professional football players. 

Incidentally who would you have put on?

1 minute ago, Denaldinho said:

I cannot get my head around how different we are this season.  Great signings and a great work ethic -  I believe this is down to the manager he understands villa through and through.

Absolutely. Not only does he love and care about the club but, he believes in his players. What a great manager he must be to work for! 

• Like 2

Just now, HKP90 said:

Incidentally who would you have put on?

Like I said in the match thread. It's irrelevant. Fresh legs. Ramsey, Elmo, Nakamba, Hourihane, Davis. Take your pick. 

I mean he made the changes, but a tad sooner, and we might have had a little bit less nervous ending. 

Â