VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

16 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I went to this with my dad but  my uncle who was a naughty boy down the Villa said that they put Rangers in the Holte the night before to get them off the streets. What kicked off was a villa fan from Erdington in the Witton who got a tricolour out just before half-time which sent the Rangers supporters balmy. The streamers and the Greek especially were absolutely gutted about the Holte and these are the people you refer to with the bats and chains etc who picked off any pissed up Scots who fancied a proper fight and there where many 

I went with my mate, we were both 12! No idea how we avoided the carnage and got home on public transport in one piece.

We were in a queue to get in about 1.15 pm, the Jocks were already in by then.

16 hours ago, mjmooney said:

We need Humph here tonight. 

"The charades expert on Give Us A Clue, was Lionel Blair. Who can ever forget opposing team captain Una Stubbs sitting open mouthed as he tried to pull off Twelve Angry Men in under two minutes..." 

"The undisputed mime maestro was, of course, Lionel Blair, & who can forget the look of relish on his face when he was given two minutes on The African Queen?" 

"Who can fail to remember the occasion he scored double points by using both hands in different actions to finish off One Man & His Dog in under thirty seconds..." 

"The undisputed master of the genre was Lionel Blair who would use every ounce of his mime acting skills. None of use will ever forget the gasps of amazement when he spent a frustrating two minutes trying to fit in the whole of The Man On The Flying Trapeze..." 

"Give Us A Clue certainly provided many memorable moments as the players were given their titles on cards provided by their host, Michael Aspel. We particularly recall the unalloyed pleasure in Lionel Blair's face as he bent across the chairman's desk to receive Uncle Vanya..." 

"None of us will ever forget the look of gleeful anticipation in his eyes when he was offered Howard's End across Michael Aspel's desk..." 

"In fact, Lionel is best known as a dancer who puts on grand ballroom evenings noted for the excellence of their light snacks. There isn't a fashionable young dandy in town who hasn't been seen enjoying a nibble at one of Lionel's balls..." 

"In the dying minutes, Lionel was given Free Willy by Michael Aspel. Of course, he blew it..." 

image.png.198ca9703ea621e1cc50c1c5c8cc35e9.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, veloman said:

^^^^^^^  Great film that (IMO) . Rarely , if ever shown on TV. Features the great Dennis hopper as ' Frank'  - was it ?

Fantastic film and Hopper is another level. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Oh boy. Dean Stockwell has died. 

I'd been watching every episode of Quantum Leap as they were on the Sci-fi channel  / catch-up

finished the last episode last night ... 

Just now, tonyh29 said:

I'd been watching every episode of Quantum Leap as they were on the Sci-fi channel  / catch-up

finished the last episode last night ... 

I thought you had been. A great series. 

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Oh boy. Dean Stockwell has died. 

Genuinely saddened by this.  I adore Quantum Leap and still go back to re-watch episodes when I'm feeling bored :( .

Al: Your best shot is freezing the brain until all electrical activity has ceased.

Sam : That's called death.

Al: I never said it would be easy.

Edited by trekka

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Gerald Sinstadt gone at 91. 

I had no idea he was that old.  Admittedly I’d probably not given it much thought, but if someone had asked me to guess I’d have probably knocked 25-30 years off of his age. 

• Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 17:49, HanoiVillan said:

Wanted to hear his voice again, led me to this absolute treasure trove:

Best to watch it on YT and select the chapter (commentator) you want.

Seems the trick is generally to have a slightly nasally high-pitched voice.

• Like 1