VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Argh ya beat me to it, site was down.

Only Mickey Dolenz left now, and considering he was a card-carrying member of the Hollywood Vampires that's amazing.

• Haha 1

Just now, rjw63 said:

Argh ya beat me to it, site was down.

Mickey Dolenz left now, and considering he was a card-carrying member of the Hollywood Vampires that's amazing.

I sat there for an hour just pressing refresh over and over again, whilst weeping until VT came back. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I sat there for an hour just pressing refresh over and over again, whilst weeping until VT came back. 

ROb just put on 7 different versions of the same Beach Boys album whilst he waited

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

This has been discussed before, but Mike Neysmith wrote one of my favourite songs of all time, Different Drum. Recorded by a few different artists, but this is my favourite version.

Yep, The Lemonheads version is brilliant

• Like 1

loved Nesmith. The Monkees were absolutely the least part of his career for me. It was all about the First National Band, with the great Red Rhodes on pedal steel. Been playing his albums since I heard. And as soon as I get back to playing live I'll be doing a Nez song or two, for sure. 

It was unexpected, too. He'd been very active on Facebook, with no hint of being ill. 

Bad times. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Pretty much the inventor of MTV (Popclips) as well wasn't he?

Yep. He was very much into video and multimedia tech (to the detriment of his music, imo). 

Actually, all the news items referencing Michael Nesmith "of The Monkees" are annoying me as much as "Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard". 

Sure, Nesmith was one of the brighter spots in a short-lived 60s sitcom about a fictional band. He was **** ing awesome as a solo artist, a pioneer of country-rock. Criminally overlooked. 

Edited by mjmooney

15 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Reading that Mensi of The Angelic Upstarts has died. 

I can’t be alone in saying “never heard of him or them “

Or , Is this going to end up going to the music thread where VT decides they are worthy of induction to the VT music hall of fame alongside The Fall for influencing all music on the planet ?