Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/12/20 at 17:30

6 minutes ago, smg said:

Mings has a good season in the championship, we get promoted and he becomes a full international, made the big time.

Hause, young not first choice at his previous club , gets a chance to start again at a bigger club.

Konse young given the chance to move to a premier league team although not a guaranteed starting place.

Who has taken the opportunity more to benefit from working alongside John Terry in the last year ? I think Mings might have f***ed this up, Konsa and Hause have developed massively he has stood still at best. He might have to get used to sitting on the bench.

Talk about overreaction. Mings has performed very well for us for the last 2 years. He has the occasional loss of concentration leading to a red card today. He can still improve.

while i am very happy hause is showing he is a good player for us, it is a bit premature to say he keeps Mings out of the team. It is about form to me, Hause has it right now, Mings doesn’t. Ability wise, the latter is still first choice by a mile.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I thought he was good tbh....first ref ive seen stick to his guns on a VAR challenge!

Had to send off Mings as he gave him no choice.

How can you possibly say Mings first yellow which clearly was given for no other reason than he gave Zaha, one so he had to compensate,  was something he had to do? 

Secondly how many fouls did he ignore to card for Palace? Watkins must have been floored by that defender about 5-6 in key break away that are text book yellow cards. 

These are key stuff to get right. When you send a player off incorrectly and make a team play 50 minutes with 10 men, it takes some doing calling it a good performance. 

2 minutes ago, Cosmik Debris said:

What did he get wrong ? 

He gave Ming's a yellow card for nothing , the first one,  then let Palace get away with kicking Grealish around for the rest of the game with out producing yellow cards. He also gave Saha free kicks for diving around  around our box with very little or no contact.

5 minutes ago, Cosmik Debris said:

What did he get wrong ? 

Consistency, their CB had a very similar tackle to mings 2nd yellow and wasn't booked, the worst one was the late tackle on Targett, the game was already gone but that was an all day 2nd yellow

Mike Dean would sent off 3 or 4 Palace players today 

Such an impressive second half performance. Absolutely fantastic. Tactically mastered them with ten men and we adapted much better than them. 

Take that Zaha you utter word removed. 

Targett was once again outstanding for us. Most improved player for us this season. I knew Watkins would get MOTM but wanted to boost Targett’s percentage in the vote as he deserves the recognition so voted for him. Watkins deservedly gets man of the match. His hold up and assist play was top dollar, just wished the word removed would finish. 

Solid defensively and looked so sured at the back and love how we kept bombing forward all second half. Used the ball so well. Massive win for our mentality that is and so good that our wide players are scoring goals and being a threat all game. So proud of that performance today. We completely adapted better to the ten men than Palace did and was so proud of our positive intent throughout.

Credit to Hause for not only being very solid but also always showing he’s a threat at the other end. Proud of him and us today. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How can you possibly say Mings first yellow which clearly was given for no other reason than he gave Zaha, one so he had to compensate,  was something he had to do? 

Secondly how many fouls did he ignore to card for Palace? Watkins must have been floored by that defender about 5-6 in key break away that are text book yellow cards. 

These are key stuff to get right. When you send a player off incorrectly and make a team play 50 minutes with 10 men, it takes some doing calling it a good performance. 

You cant argue yellow cards, they are subjective to the ref. You just have to accept it and alter your game accordingly.  Mings didnt and gave the ref a choice...its his fault!

A lot has been said about our lack of squad depth but look at the situation we are in now. Trezeguet and Barkley who both dropped out due to injury are going to have to earn their place in the starting XI again, because nobody deserves to be dropped to let them back in. Mings is arguably not guaranteed his place back as Konsa and Hause have both been brilliant when they've played this season, and in the midfield Ramsey and Nakamba are both pushing Luiz and McGinn to keep performing. 

I think the competition for places is higher than we all realised initially and this will really push the team to be performing at their best, I don't think that can be underestimated. 

• Like 3

Dificult to pick a Villa man out as man of the match because I thought every player was outstanding today, watching that second half performance you wouldn't have known that we were down to 10 men

Would love to see Watkins get on the scoresheet, his workrate deseved a goal. 

2 minutes ago, AXD said:

Talk about overreaction. Mings has performed very well for us for the last 2 years. He has the occasional loss of concentration leading to a red card today. He can still improve.

while i am very happy hause is showing he is a good player for us, it is a bit premature to say he keeps Mings out of the team. It is about form to me, Hause has it right now, Mings doesn’t. Ability wise, the latter is still first choice by a mile.

I didn’t say he would keep him out of the team immediately perhaps you are overeating, Mings is experienced and a current international, he really shouldn’t be having lapses of  concentration, schoolboys  do that. Form is always important in selection, however I’m not convinced that Mings has the potential to develop as much as the other two. Having ability is not enough if you don’t make the most of it . In recent weeks he hasn’t done this in my opinion and perhaps in recent months he hasn’t done as much in training as the other two to make progress. We will see in the upcoming games.

Â