Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/12/20 at 17:30

When the teams walked off at half-time, the BBC commentators focused on Martinez, and said something like "He's going to be in for a torrid time in the second half, as Villa's ten men try to protect their slender lead". 

Errr... no.    :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

When the teams walked off at half-time, the BBC commentators focused on Martinez, and said something like "He's going to be in for a torrid time in the second half, as Villa's ten men try to protect their slender lead". 

Errr... no.    :)

I think he strained his eyes trying to see what was happening down the other end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Devils advocate

So Tyrone my of my favourites gets sent off and IMO unjustly BUT! Is he playing better than Hause and Konsa at the moment  in other words are we going to miss him. I dont think so

I think we will miss his presence but fortunately we have two lads doing rather a good job. Is he one of my favourites because of his skill? or because he is Mings ?

What a turn around from having no CB to having this choice. Where is he in order. I would go Konsa, Hause and then the Mings an unfortunate sending off may cost him some time as a bench warmer 

I would be very cautious about the Hause performances, as he has been rarely tested in the 3 games he has played recently. We have seen this before, only for him to get woefully exposed against attacking teams. If he does well against Chelsea then maybe he has turned a corner. Until then I won't get too excited! 

• Like 1

Gotta say, fair play to Marco Bielsa for showing Villa how to score once against Palace. Villa were then able to use that knowledge to repeat the outcome twice more in the second half. Its sort of like he "taught a man to fish", if you will. He will have allowed himself a wry smile no doubt

• Haha 2

What a brilliant performance. I really thought when Mings got sent off we would struggle to get a point never mind 3. But how good were we in the second half!

They all played brilliantly, but I gave MOM to Watkins; he was a dynamo, and their defence could not handle him.

As to Mings; he nearly made a complete bollocks of the afternoon, but the rest of the team pulled him out of a hole.

He needs to catch himself on. He does not warrant the casual swagger he has adopted since becoming an international.

(I still like him as a person though - thank god he seems to leave the swagger on the pitch)

• Like 2

One of the best performance I have seen in a very long time. it could of been backs against the wall, but we went at them and it could of been 5 or 6.

Can anyone tell me why Ward wasn't sent off after he took Targett out and already on a yellow after going through Jack?"

10 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but just saw this 

At the time I thought Mings was a little unlucky to get a yellow for that, looking again at it now, it's an absolute travesty.

Can that be looked at retrospectively?

On 26/12/2020 at 17:12, Follyfoot said:

Do we know how many shots  we had today yet?

Personally I had 6 tequila slammers and 5 Jagermeisters with a couple of Absinthe. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Personally I had 6 tequila slammers and 5 Jagermeisters with a couple of Absinthe. 

😎fancy a Skype shots frenzy before tomorrow’s game, open invitation by the way to all VT’ers 

Â