Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/12/20 at 17:30

Refs a **** joke again. Played a lot better than them with a man less. The fact we can look better and move the ball better than them with a man down tells you all you need to know about how we have progressed under Smith. Unbeleivable AEG goal, just a perfect finish. Watkins superb, just missing a finishing touch, Grealish amazing, Troare great till hooked, Hause great butTargett was outstanding today. 

The fact I thought we would keep a clean sheet with 10 men end of the first half either tells you kust how pissed I am or how far we've come. Or is it both?

Cheers!

• Like 1

Second half we were simply magnificent. Should have been 4 or 5. Watkins so unlucky not to score. Kortney Hause has come of age, and Matt Targett was brilliant. Harsh on Traore but once again Mr already made it Mings **** up once too often. The fringe players really stepping up once called upon shows how this whole squad is improving. Chelsea won't like playing us Monday with our counter attacking.

So pleased for Jack and Deano with such a win on their 200th and 100th game.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Wow, I do enjoy watching this team, we really are a very good side now. Our defence is solid and our attack is potent and relentless, despite a perpetually unlucky Watkins.

Great to see Traore and AEG on the score sheet, both looked good today, a mystery why Traore was sacrificed?

Watkins was terrific all game. Targett for England for me.

Hause looked a bargain and really solid, and Martinez rock solid.

nice that Jack finds himself amongst some equals nowadays....

Bring on Chelsea!

Twice now I have wondered why Traore was the sacrificial substitute lamb, but after watching that second half who would you a have taken off.  Trez was shit then came good, now AEG is superseding him as he has more skill and is putting in the work to keep us on top of  games.. We just look great all over the pitch, it’s fantastic 👍

That genuinely might be the best performance of the season. I expected a tough second half but we just absolutely destroyed them instead with our counter attacks. The perfect way to top that off would've been a Watkins, so gutted for the lad.

What an incredible team we have here.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I think that was the most impressed I've been after watching Villa play since the 7-2 Liverpool win. I thought it was all over when we went to 10 men but we didn't miss a beat, we utterly demolished them.

Everyone was excellent, but Hause and Targett's improvement has been a joy to watch.

Coincidentally that was the last game I watched live 👀😂

#We are the Villa boys and we're gonna win the league gonna win the league. #

Fantastic performance from all. Taylor should have sent one of theirs off. But we need to start putting our easy chances away. 

But second half wow. We pissed all over them. I think we're probably one or two quality squad depth players short. 

Hause and Watkins MOTM for Hause hasn't put a foot wrong and scored the winner for me the goal which opened the game up.

Oh and Jack is excluded from all motm votes for me because he's on another level.

Watkins MOTM, just a sensational performance especially with how isolated he was in the second half, but even that's harsh on Hause and Targett who were rock solid (and Traore, who looked like he was at his best and putting in dangerous balls before being hooked through no fault of his)

AEG couldn't really have responded better or more professionally to having a lengthy period out of the team and fans writing him off, there's nothing like the relief of a thunderbolt like that going in to put it beyond all doubt

Edited by Annoyman
  • Like 1

What a team performance!

So difficult to pick a man of the match. We now seem able to control the ball and retain possession. What a turnaround over recent years when it seemed like a hot potato!

The defence looked solid. The midfield worked their socks off. The front three all played excellently and we could have had quite a few more goals on the break.

Ollie's, luck must turn soon. 

If only we could have been there to enjoy it. UTV

Â