Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/12/20 at 17:30

Well that made up for the afternoon I spent slaving over a hot oven roasting a turkey that has turned out to be a little bit rancid.  Not sure whether the stench from my kitchen is worse than the one from palace's second half effort!

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Wow. Incredible performance. Targett, Hause, Watkins, Jack, Bertie, Anwar, McGinn all superb.

4 clean sheets in a row. 8 in 23. 6th in table, 25 points, games in hand, smashing teams with 10 men, look like scoring 10 a game. What a side. What a special moment we’re in. The set up is perfect. 

Mings, I have to say, looks the weak link at the back at the moment. Didnt see Hause improving like he has, he and Konsa playing by default might just be a blessing.

Happy days

Mings looks like he’s carrying a knock to me. Maybe a game out will give him chance to come back 100%, because I agree he’s not been at his best the last couple of games. Konsa looks the business though, this season.

• Like 1

What a time to be a Villa fan!!

Ollie adds so much to the team, that we don’t need to rely on him scoring, but I reckon once they do start going in, he’ll bang them in for fun. 

I can’t believe how important a signing Emi has been. He’s unbelievable 

And a quick word on Tyrone, I wonder if he’ll struggle to get back into the first 11. If Konsa and Hause play as well, against Chelsea, as they did in that second half, he’ll surely be on the bench for United

Excellent team win. We played even better with 10 men. We look solid as a rock in defense and really dangerous on the attack. Very pleasing style of play too. Add a couple of good players next month and look out world. Aston Villa FC back on the map.

• Like 1

Watkins, Targett and Hause were great. The turnaround of this team from last season is incredible. Barkley isn't even in the team as this point.

Ref was way to inconsistent with his yellows..

Think it's time for Mings to have sometime out of the team (altough so many matches might make this difficult). Hause has been great and konsa is always reliable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Wow. Incredible performance. Targett, Hause, Watkins, Jack, Bertie, Anwar, McGinn all superb.

4 clean sheets in a row. 8 in 23. 6th in table, 25 points, games in hand, smashing teams with 10 men, look like scoring 10 a game. What a side. What a special moment we’re in. The set up is perfect. 

Mings, I have to say, looks the weak link at the back at the moment. Didnt see Hause improving like he has, he and Konsa playing by default might just be a blessing.

Happy days

I think there are issues outside of football with Tyrone, he seems angry and not enjoying the game as much as he did, hope I am wrong, dare I say Konza and Hause looked more solid?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villatillidie1980 said:

What a time to be a Villa fan!!

Ollie adds so much to the team, that we don’t need to rely on him scoring, but I reckon once they do start going in, he’ll bang them in for fun. 

I can’t believe how important a signing Emi has been. He’s unbelievable 

And a quick word on Tyrone, I wonder if he’ll struggle to get back into the first 11. If Konsa and Hause play as well, against Chelsea, as they did in that second half, he’ll surely be on the bench for United

The same as Firmino at the Plop. I really rate what he does for them and it’s not all about his goals.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CardiffGreens said:

Well that made up for the afternoon I spent slaving over a hot oven roasting a turkey that has turned out to be a little bit rancid.  Not sure whether the stench from my kitchen is worse than the one from palace's second half effort!

Jump on board the vegan bus pal👍

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Excellent team win. We played even better with 10 men. We look solid as a rock in defense and really dangerous on the attack. Very pleasing style of play too. Add a couple of good players next month and look out world. Aston Villa FC back on the map.

We don't even need to.spend silly money, there is something going on at Villa and its bringing out the best in good players and turning Grealish into a flipping genius. 10 million gets added on to his value each game and I still dont think we will sell him. 

• Like 2

Incredibly mature performance by the the team second half. They never looked like losing. Voted Smith excellent, but it's not really on this game, it's the work he's done up to this point to make this team so resilient. What a turnaround this year had been. Very impressive. 

• Like 1

4 consecutive clean sheets is incredible from how poor our defence was last season. The coaching job has been nothing short of miraculous, and Martínez makes a huge difference as well. Konsa is a real Rolls Royce defender, Mings was a bit off the pace and silly to get sent off, Hause is a real hidden gem and is looking an assured defender at this level. Targett is really making huge strides and while he gets a lot of praise going forwards, defensively he is difficult to get past and that is really where he has improved since signing him. Cash had another good game and he has taken to this team like a duck to water.

Across the midfield Luiz was brilliant and McGinn looks like he's firing on all cylinders again, Traoré was having his best game before being taken off, and El Ghazi has got his mojo back, what a phenomenal strike his goal was. Grealish is always fantastic but today his passing was just unbelievable, the sorts of through balls you would only see De Bruyne pulling off, the through ball where Watkins hit the post was just magical.

Watkins got my vote for MOTM because he fits the system Smith is playing perfectly, he was desperately unlucky not to score but he can be happy that he had a big hand in the victory today. He is definitely overdue a goal now, just has to keep doing what he's doing and it'll arrive.

• Like 2

Â