Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/12/20 at 17:30

40 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Wow, I do enjoy watching this team, we really are a very good side now. Our defence is solid and our attack is potent and relentless, despite a perpetually unlucky Watkins.

Great to see Traore and AEG on the score sheet, both looked good today, a mystery why Traore was sacrificed?

Watkins was terrific all game. Targett for England for me.

Hause looked a bargain and really solid, and Martinez rock solid.

nice that Jack finds himself amongst some equals nowadays....

Bring on Chelsea!

In hindsight, sacrificing Traore was the correct decision especially when you think of the goal Anwar scored. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

Lots of reasons for us not to get 3 points today. Red card, shots against the woodwork, missed chances. Glad to say we put it out of our minds and just bagged 3 points.

Total pro win. The kind if win that usually eluded us over the years. Love it.

• Like 2

OK here's my take on the game ...

Villa made Palace a middle of the table team look incredibly poor. 

The team played really well including Mings.

Martinez was the MOTM for me ,,, he did everything right ...  slowed and sped up the game as he saw fit. From my point of view he stopped Palace getting back into the game.

Regarding the yellow, not sure the rake of the studs was intentional ...  I suspect he got the first yellow for the altercation with Zaha ...  which in my opinion was undeserved as his teammates prevented anything from developing. The second yellow? I would have done the same thing when the ref did not call the push in the back by Zaha.

Grealish ... I thought by his standards his performance was below his par, that is not to say it was not excellent in anyway.  Feel sorry for Ollie, but as someone pointed out he was a part of each goal. Targett had some really excellent tackles.

An excellent team effort.

• Like 3

It was such a mature, measured performance. 

There were so many players that could have been MOTM but I went for Watkins. Another day he could have had a hat trick. 

Hause was immensely impressive. Targett never put a foot wrong all game. Martinez is just so cool and composed. 

I thought the whole team played well, well done to DS and his team. 

So glad to be look up the table. 

Mings has a good season in the championship, we get promoted and he becomes a full international, made the big time.

Hause, young not first choice at his previous club , gets a chance to start again at a bigger club.

Konse young given the chance to move to a premier league team although not a guaranteed starting place.

Who has taken the opportunity more to benefit from working alongside John Terry in the last year ? I think Mings might have f***ed this up, Konsa and Hause have developed massively he has stood still at best. He might have to get used to sitting on the bench.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I thought he was good tbh....first ref ive seen stick to his guns on a VAR challenge!

Had to send off Mings as he gave him no choice.

When you look at the second yellows in the Wolves Villa game I think the Mings one is fair but Ward should have walked too. 

1 minute ago, Dale said:

Joel Ward should have been sent off late on...

Great performance! 

Absolutely laughable he wasn’t given a second yellow. Glad it never mattered. 

Just now, Herman22 said:

When you look at the second yellows in the Wolves Villa game I think the Mings one is fair but Ward should have walked too. 

Refs are not going to get everything perfect for both sides, but as long as you get the big calls right you have done your job IMO!

Â