Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/12/20 at 17:30

What a super performance from all the players! I love this team so much, such togetherness, they bring so much joy and pleasure!

We completely dominated them the first 20 mins, then Milivojevic and co started playing rugby and becoming Stoke 2.0, Zaha acting a street fighter. The performance from the referee was among the worst I have seen and the red to Mings a shambles. Despite all this, they being 11 against 10 for more than half a game, and what happens? We just totally destroy them.

I give Hause mom, even before this goal I thought he was immense.

This team is fantastic. I’m not sure I can say anything that’s not already been said already this season. We’re just a really great football team. Absolutely brilliant. 

My only question is, how do you improve this team? I thought a lack of depth would kill us, but our fringe players are playing absolutely brilliantly. Gutted for Ollie, but his overall performance was as impressive as anyone today. Jack is a genuine artist. He’s Picasso with the football. That pass for Ollie. Jesus. My MOTM might just still be Douglas Luiz, though. Such a good player. Just class. 

• Like 2

Utterly outstanding. Shades of Rotheram away that, Deano going for the jugular again. Such a shame there weren't fans there to watch it.

Massive performances all round, but special mentions to:
Targett: Ref may as well have closed that side of the pitch for all the chance Palace were gonna get past him today.
Watkins: What a performance in that second half, may not have got his goal but we don't win that game without his work rate today.

There was a time when we used to routinely embarrass ourselves  on the tele. Those days are over. Merry **** Christmas Villa fans.

• Like 2

Fantastic performance (sans Mings who again let his naivity get the better of him).

Over 20 shots even 10 men.

Watkins was my MOTM, Targett a close second.

Grealish made some wonderful passes, but really should have scored in the first half.

Emi wasn't really troubled but plays with such ability and confidence that he makes it look easy.

Hause made Zaha look average.

I'll admit I didn't react the best in the match thread, and whilst the first booking was harsh and he was fouled, Mings cannot really complain.

My big gripe, however, is the referee. There was no consistency. Palace should have been down to at least 10 men. Miliojevic shoved AEG or Cash for the foul and didn't get sent off, it was no different from Mings. Hence why Roy quickly subbed him off.

McArthur multiple fouls (no booking). Schlupp three fouls (no booking). Ward booked despite multiple fouls (as with Kouyate). Disgusting team.

Great to see Ramsey get a small cameo at the end. Cannot complain tactically too much.

AEG's goal was top class. He was on it all game.

We controlled the game after the first minute.

Â