Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/12/20 at 17:30

5 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Oh Tyrone. WTF were you thinking? OK, slightly unlucky with the first yellow, but he needs to learn not to get into it with opposition players,

My view of what happened for the first yellow is that Mings runs through and gives Zaha a little tap on the back of the leg with his foot, then Zaha totally overreacts and starts throwing hands. 

If the ref saw that incident then yellow was probably warranted although Zaha probably lucky not to see red. 

Edited by Ponky
  • Like 1

I was looking for highlights online and came across the site linked beneath. It has extended highlights as well as pre and post match...and the match itself. Please delete or let me know if this is breaking any rules, just thought someone might be interested.

Spoiler

• Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Ponky said:

My view of what happened for the first yellow is that Mings runs through and gives Zaha a little tap on the back of the leg with his foot, then Zaha totally overreacts and starts throwing hands. 

If the ref saw that incident then yellow was probably warranted although Zaha probably lucky not to see red. 

Right before the second incident, you could see Zaha pulling Mings back by his hair.

There simply cannot be any doubt: This team is special

That was the most impressive performance of the season so far. You could have sworn Palace had 10 men.

MOTM could have gone to a hatful of players, but Watkins gets it. He was simply sensational up front on his own. Deserved more than one and Palace can thank the woodwork that he didn't.

Bring on Chelsea

Devils advocate

So Tyrone my of my favourites gets sent off and IMO unjustly BUT! Is he playing better than Hause and Konsa at the moment  in other words are we going to miss him. I dont think so

I think we will miss his presence but fortunately we have two lads doing rather a good job. Is he one of my favourites because of his skill? or because he is Mings ?

What a turn around from having no CB to having this choice. Where is he in order. I would go Konsa, Hause and then the Mings an unfortunate sending off may cost him some time as a bench warmer 

Edited by Robtaylor200

Wow. What an incredible performance! Voted Targett MOTM but could’ve gone for Ollie or Doogie as well. Martinez is excellent, absolute bargain. Could write superlatives about everyone other than Mings, who was stupid to get that second yellow so soon after the first; it seems he can’t handle opposition players that are deliberately looking to wind him up, Bamford and now Zaha. Have we ever played better with ten men though?!

Two tough fixtures on paper now but I’m really looking forward to both!

7 hours ago, Ponky said:

Zaha definitely overreacts he always looks agitated he doesn’t look like a happy player 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ponky said:

He steps over McGinn on the deck and may accidentally have caught Zaha with a tiny bit of contact. Never intentional, significant or a yellow card. How can you say it's warranted? He doesn't even fight back when that hysterical little pussyhole acts the hard man again.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

He steps over McGinn on the deck and may accidentally have caught Zaha with a tiny bit of contact. Never intentional, significant or a yellow card. How can you say it's warranted? He doesn't even fight back when that hysterical little pussyhole acts the hard man again.

Agreed the only reason the ref gave a yellow is because of the way Zaha reacted

Â