Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Apparently they called they called him yesterday at 7pm and he took the job after a 15 minute meeting, it's just a temporary position at the moment till the end of the season.

Looking at the positives, if he fails to keep them up this season, they must be giving him a massive chunk of money in desperation for him to take a job that quickly :D

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

How did he do at his last club QPR?

I wonder if this is just until end of season?

3 games and then they will have a talk about next season according to Harry. He is not wanting money just yet although I would guess his dog is on a huge bonus if he keeps them up (I guess we may never find out).  

I am surprised at some of the reactions on here. They have appointed Harry Redknapp not Pep Guardiola.

Redknapp has been out of management pretty much for over 2 years after doing a runner from QPR and leaving them deep in the mire. During his time there he took over in November and they were relegated that season. He got them promoted the following season and then left them a couple of months before the end of the season in the relegation places and they again went down.

He has clearly gone there for a short term pay day and to get them one win. Looking at the run they are on, their remaining fixtures and now putting a guy in charge way past his use by date I think they may well struggle to get that win.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am surprised at some of the reactions on here. They have appointed Harry Redknapp not Pep Guardiola.

Which means they might be able to sort out their defence ;)

I agree with you Redknapp is yesterday's man and well past his best. If he had just been given a 3 year deal I'd be laughing.

But as a short term, 3 match short term manager I think he will do what is needed. He has always been a manager that could instil confidence in players and that is clearly what they are missing.

Its the timing that is causing the reaction. Some including myself are dissapointed that this comes ahead of our game with them and because it was starting to look like they might just go down.

23 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Which means they might be able to sort out their defence ;)

I agree with you Redknapp is yesterday's man and well past his best. If he had just been given a 3 year deal I'd be laughing.

But as a short term, 3 match short term manager I think he will do what is needed. He has always been a manager that could instil confidence in players and that is clearly what they are missing.

Its the timing that is causing the reaction. Some including myself are dissapointed that this comes ahead of our game with them and because it was starting to look like they might just go down.

I get the fact that it would have been ideal had they stuck with Zola as they were almost certainly not going to win another game. I just don’t see Redknapp as being so good as to be confident he will turn around a team on the run they are on. Two wins in 22 games, no win in 9, with zero confidence and apparently fighting amongst themselves.

I have always seen Redknapp as a wheeler dealer, a guy who needs a transfer window or two to get a real bounce from a team and even that didn’t work for him at QPR. He isn’t some master tactician or even someone who will go all agricultural and stick a centre back up top and find a way to grind out a result, the way someone like Warnock would for example.

On paper the easiest game they have is against us as we are likely to be the only team they play with little to play for in terms of league position.  That isn’t a great position to be in though is it having to come to a packed out Villa Park, with a rabid crowd up against a team that knows the only thing they can give their fans this season is a derby win.

I see them as I did before in terms of them being a poor team on a diabolical run but now instead of being led by a never been manager they are being led by a has been manager who the players already know almost certainly will not be there next season.

He's a dinosaur and has been on the shelf for a while now, he was a disaster in his last job too. At best he will have a Sherwood type effect, keep them clear of the drop this season and implode next season when he realises how shit the team is and that he has **** all to spend. 

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I can't speak about others and I don't really care about the carry on in the past at Villa Park...but I hate him because, with the exception of Tottenham ( who wouldn't let him) - he has systematically destroyed or helped to destroy, the last 3 clubs he has managed...and has somehow gotten away with it. The man is complete scum.

Naive chairmen with little knowledge chasing short term gains and glory are ten a penny but a so called 'football man' who has been in the game as long as he has he should know better....but again, he doesn't care about these historic clubs, their fans, their stability or their future. He just spunks money up the wall chasing his own personal glory. £131m wage bill on gate receipts of 20,000. Nothing spent on infrastructure, nothing spent on the youth academy, nothing spent to benefit the future of the club. The man is as guilty as the people who run these clubs, perhaps even more so with his knowledge and background.

He also blatantly lies about it all as well.

When in charge of QPR he gave an interview saying how they couldn't afford to spend, couldn't add to the wage bill, even if the chairman gave him money he wouldn't spend it because he knew the club couldn't afford it.

A week later he'd added about £250k a week to the wage bill.

With the exception of Rowlett, this lot remain at least consistent with the calibre of person they employ. 

I couldn't have picked a bigger bellend for them even if I put in more than 5 mins thought to it (which I didn't, he was first to spring to mind)

Edit: I would like to add that Harry Redknapp is also the only British person I have known in my lifetime to not be able to read. (or...claims he can't)

Edited by islingtonclaret
  • Like 1

Â