Newcastle potential ‘Covid Outbreak’

chappy

8 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I'd imagine he could be fit to start against Wolves on the 12th as they said he'd be out for 2 games and that would give him 3 weeks recovery from the hamstring issue.

So hopefully he's only ended up missing one game for us. 

He's already missed two!

Off now, so we'll have two games in hand, one winnable the other City who are probably going to have played themselves into some form by the time we play them. Would prefer points on the board but before the hammers game some looked a bit knackered so might be a good thing to get some better conditioning into the squad and of course means we miss Barkley for one less game...

Right we need to know how many of their players have had positive tests. I thought they were expecting test results tomorrow as well, if so why the rush to make a decision tonight? Newcastle have got exactly what they wanted, without it seems, making the grounds for their request for a postponement public. What has actually changed in their situation from last weekend, when they did turn up to play and is that really enough to call this game off? :detect:

52 minutes ago, John said:

Right we need to know how many of their players have had positive tests. I thought they were expecting test results tomorrow as well, if so why the rush to make a decision tonight? Newcastle have got exactly what they wanted, without it seems, making the grounds for their request for a postponement public. What has actually changed in their situation from last weekend, when they did turn up to play and is that really enough to call this game off? :detect:

Someone really likes Jawdees

1 hour ago, John said:

Tinfoil hat time: The PL agreed to postpone the game in return for Newcastle dropping their legal proceedings over their failed takeover. This will be announced in a few weeks 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

OK, one full game 😉

I’d argue that he missed the full game he went off injured in 😛

Don’t mind as much now, made some plans for Friday night. I could’ve even told my wife that I’d rather go to her friend’s than watch the football (that may even be true) but she heard it was postponed anyway.

15 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

On the brightside it's one less game we have to play without Barkley. 

Yess! I hadn’t even thought of that, works very well for us. Also let’s our players rest a little longer rather than playing Monday/Friday. 

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Someone really likes Jawdees

I don't really have a problem with them, it is more the way the PL have acted on this, I do think the club need to be more open about the extent of their situation. It seems to me the PL were too ready to go along with this request and that we are the fall guys.  

if newcastle are found to be in breach of the corona rules implemented by the PL then i think they should be made to play the game or forfeit it

the idea that they have to fly and then stay in a hotel doesnt wash for me

the big thing out of it will probably be what actually are the Pl protocols? im guessing not a **** lot, which is then a problem and you cant punish newcastle if thats the case

wonder if the PL doesnt want to piss them off even more

• Like 3

Yeah taking a flight doesn’t seem necessary at all, what’s wrong with a couple of coaches? A three or four hour drive with the players sat relaxing on a luxury coach is no hardship. If the players can’t handle that, then maybe they should have checked where Newcastle is before signing. 

• Like 1

The football calendar is so crazy over the next couple of years because of the late start to this season, the moved Euros and the stupid World Cup that we're going to see some real difficulties I think. Postponing this one won't have been done without a lot of thought.