Newcastle potential ‘Covid Outbreak’

chappy

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Wow!

That's a surprise and it suggests Newcastles outbreak is a bad one - in which case, it's hard to argue that this isn't the right decision.

Or that they went straight to public health with there 'fears' and got them to do the dirty work

It's their fault and problem though. Now we have a significant disadvantage having 2 games in hand, all because Newcastle players/staff couldn't isolate properly. **** joke, and I'm pissed off at the club for being such pussies. I expected more from Purslow.

• Like 1

Why should we take on the burden of a busier schedule because of them? It's not like it was completely random. PL clubs aren't strict about their COVID restrictions. How would an outbreak even happen, I thought the players are tested before they even come into the building? This whole season has been a farce.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Exactly! We are affected more by this. A complete and utter joke.

If it's really about safety they'd forfeit the match no? Pretty sure Leyton Orient did the same for their League Cup tie vs Spurs. You can't fulfill the fixture, that's your problem. We don't have the luxury of rescheduling games willy nilly this season of all seasons.

• Like 2

I bet the PL wouldn't have taken this stance had it been Liverpool they were due to play. Klopp would have thrown a hissy fit.

Let's hope there's at least consistency across the board, good chance us and Newcastle have some spare game weeks given the FA Cup draws.

Just now, Keyblade said:

If it's really about safety they'd forfeit the match no? Pretty sure Leyton Orient did the same for their League Cup tie vs Spurs. You can't fulfill the fixture, that's your problem. We don't have the luxury of rescheduling games willy nilly this season of all seasons.

I'm just so disillusioned with football lately. With having points taken from us by absurd VAR decisions two weeks in a row, and us being punished for the opposition not being able to keep their house in order, I am losing interest and it's really sad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Wow!

That's a surprise and it suggests Newcastles outbreak is a bad one - in which case, it's hard to argue that this isn't the right decision.

Surely too early bringing fans back into stadiums?