Newcastle potential ‘Covid Outbreak’

chappy

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Mainly just because we all want to see Villa get back to winning ways as soon as possible, and not have another weekend without (our) club football again so soon I imagine.

But it will be interesting to see what happens in the future now this precedent has been set this early in the season, in terms of teams asking for postponements when it suits and fitting rearranged matches into an already tight schedule.

Were it not for those factors I don't think anyone would argue that postponing this match is the right thing to do. We certainly don't want the outbreak to spread because of a football game,  nor to the Villa team.

It wouldn't surprise me if the PL manage to source some vaccines privately pretty soon after the New Year to avoid this happening too much.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the PL manage to source some vaccines privately pretty soon after the New Year to avoid this happening too much.

If its anything like how they got VAR then we could be in for a bigger shock 😛

This reminds me of when West Ham showed up at VP without a sufficiently different set of jerseys, which meant the match was potentially forfeited. The ref said Villa could take the points OR agree to facilitate the match by playing in our away strip.

Some fans wanted the 3 points so badly they’d rather no football at all instead of us wearing a different colour.

17 hours ago, Enda said:

This reminds me of when West Ham showed up at VP without a sufficiently different set of jerseys, which meant the match was potentially forfeited. The ref said Villa could take the points OR agree to facilitate the match by playing in our away strip.

Some fans wanted the 3 points so badly they’d rather no football at all instead of us wearing a different colour.

Shirts vs skins?

What would be really shit is if they're still massively affected for the West Brom game but they're forced to play it. Meaning West Brom get a game against a weakened team and we didn't.

Like I said I find it hard to be angry at the postponement. Shit happens in the current climate. But they need to be consistent