Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

50 minutes ago, supermon said:

Folarin Balogun wouldn't be a bad shout, he's pretty hot for Arsenal's under23 and seems ready to make the step up. He'd be content on the bench behind Watkins with gradual minutes on the pitch. Would fit our young and hungry criteria, plus will have resale value. We should be all over this one.

Fine if the guy is cheap 

14 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

The gap in quality in our squad between Watkins and the other strikers is a concern. We will be taking a risk if we go in to the 2nd half of the season with our current forward options.

I'm not even sure that Davis would be a consistently good Championship striker. The problem is that it's so difficult to find another younger player that would do even half of what Watkins does for us. But then hopefully Lange will be able to support identifying a suitable player.

We clearly need competition for places, and we've proved that we want that with the way that we've just spent £14m on another CM, one that isn't guaranteed a spot in the starting 11.

You could use the same argument for the LB spot which, for me, is a crucial area to strengthen in the summer if we don't magically sign one in this window.

Dont think Lange needs to find anyone. Let's be realistic, we have Barry and Davis is not good enough, now is the time to take all the gift wrapping and bubble wrap off him, unleash Barry against the premier league. Get the lad on the bench and between Watkins and Barry I have full confidence we have a very good striker pair to bring goals and do what we need them to do on the field.

What I would do is any money we can save in the striking area by having Barry sub for Watkins, would be to put that money in other areas and buy someone exceptional. Maybe as others have said we could bring a serious CB in or a LB to give Target some competition.

I just think Striker we shouldnt be so concerned about if we get Barry in now, if we dont then we have to spend in that area and I'd rather us blood Barry in properly now.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would take a chance on Tuanzebe if the price was right.

He’s a very good CB and plays our passing game well. Obviously he’s been here before and would fit in well. My only concerns  are his injury record and wages that he is probably on at Man U. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He’s a very good CB and plays our passing game well. Obviously he’s been here before and would fit in well. My only concerns  are his injury record and wages that he is probably on at Man U. 

Yeah very injury prone whi h is a massive concern for me

On 27/01/2021 at 13:36, useless said:

Just seen that Brighton are £60m plus in debt after being impacted by covid. I wonder if they have any players that we might want.

Nah. The only thing  I would take from Brighton is Attila the Stockbroker.

Edited by The Fun Factory

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Nah. The only thing  I would take from Brighton is Attila the Stockbroker.

Trossard, Webster and Dunk are very good. Wouldn’t say no to any of those.

• Like 1

Aston Villa manager Dean Smith is happy with his squad and has ruled out the possibility making further signings in January.

“We’re not looking to bring anyone else in at the moment,” Smith told Sky Sports News. “We have a healthy squad, a healthy bench as well, so I am quite comfortable where we are at.”

32 minutes ago, striker said:

Trossard, Webster and Dunk are very good. Wouldn’t say no to any of those.

we already have our own version of Webster in Mings, they are very similar. Webster made an error on the ball the other night and I was watching thinking that Mings be crucified for doing that