Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Ha haaaa sounds like we are playing hard ball and someone very good incoming, splendid

You mean we don’t do all of the club’s business in public? Shocking. I need to know on a need to know basis and I need to know everything!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Could well be, I've just heard that somehow Tony Xia still owns 4% of Jack.

Nah.....He just rents his hair band.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Ridiculous, I've come to expect more from you @TRO

Its the expectation, that drags me down.😆

just let me roam, like a free spirit.....off to get my nails painted black.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He will always says this because he knows that owners have backed him to the hilt in the transfer market. I’m sure behind closed doors it’s a different conversation. 

He's also far too professional to be calling people at the club out.

Great to have everyone on the same page.

Even when the structure is good you can get in a right mess if they aren't all seeing squad-building the same way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He will always says this because he knows that owners have backed him to the hilt in the transfer market. I’m sure behind closed doors it’s a different conversation. 

I don't think, we will sign anyone else.....Dean is a caring soul, to a fault and doesn't want to stock pile players.

He is also canny and spending money unnecessarily, is a sure way to build pressure on yourself.......I don't think anyone coming in now ( within reason)will change our season......We can realistically fear no one, other than Man City, perhaps......and ourselves.

We have the tools to beat anyone......we just have to apply them better and thats training ground stuff, to get right.

ps but I think the Sanson deal was right.

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's also far too professional to be calling people at the club out.

Great to have everyone on the same page.

Even when the structure is good you can get in a right mess if they aren't all seeing squad-building the same way.

It seems we have senior management, without ego's and compromise, is key......thats how it comes across anyway.

It bodes well.

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I see Maitland-Niles is available. Would be good cover for the full backs and can play in midfield. 

No way he is going any where as cover the reason he wants to get a loan is to try and get a place in the England squad for the Euros so he is going to want regular game time.

Edited by smg
Spelling

12 minutes ago, smg said:

No way he is going any where as cover the reason he wants to get a loan is to try and get a place in the England squad for the Euros so he is going to want regular game time.

I have heard, that Sanson has been known to play full back.

That flexibility, could be a solution, in an emergency.

35 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think, we will sign anyone else.....Dean is a caring soul, to a fault and doesn't want to stock pile players.

He is also canny and spending money unnecessarily, is a sure way to build pressure on yourself.......I don't think anyone coming in now ( within reason)will change our season......We can realistically fear no one, other than Man City, perhaps......and ourselves.

We have the tools to beat anyone......we just have to apply them better and thats training ground stuff, to get right.

ps but I think the Sanson deal was right.

I don’t think we will either but I’m pretty sure Smith knows the squad still needs a lot of improvement. 

• Like 1