Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Well no more incomings will just be players leaving.

Find it incredible we are not looking at another striker. If ollie gets injured we are stuffed 

West Ham were doing fine before Antonio back and he's not even a recognised striker played ages at wing or fullback. I think there's way too much hand wringing and we'll be fine. If we had the team behind AEG last year that we do now he'd of done better and that's absolute worst case scenario

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

West Ham were doing fine before Antonio back and he's not even a recognised striker played ages at wing or fullback. I think there's way too much hand wringing and we'll be fine. If we had the team behind AEG last year that we do now he'd of done better and that's absolute worst case scenario

I think our game is now much less reliant on a typical ' striker ' than people realise.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

He’s a very good CB and plays our passing game well. Obviously he’s been here before and would fit in well. My only concerns  are his injury record and wages that he is probably on at Man U. 

I agree Dave. It would be an ideal centre back to have as a back up option to Konsa/Mings.

If he can stay injury free I am sure he would be a good purchase and wouldn't cost much either.

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah very injury prone whi h is a massive concern for me

I recall Mings having the same tag before joining us.

I don't think it's a massive concern compared to someone like Barkley, who we know is also injury prone but many are still willing to splash £30m+ on signing him.

I think when we weigh the two up, Axel is no more of a risk than Ross.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Farlz said:

If healthy is to be on the bench come on and not make the best of your little time on then I'm sure we have the best bunch warming the bench. I'm not so sure on the bench bit, apart from Sanson who is excused because hes new, there are not many who regular sit on that bench that give me confidence to make a mark in games once they come on to replace someone.

I think they should look to continue to make the bench better if the prices are right and the players fit the bill.

That Bench needs improving a heck of alot, cant remember the last time someone came off from the bench and was a menace to a team or even scored an equaliser or winner, someone please jog my memory.

Edited by Dave-R

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Rashica isn't even exciting anymore. We got Barkley and Traore in, and we're also killing it as a team. 

Could go as far as to say last couple of games weve been killing it so much that when we come out in the second half weve been killed for killing it.

9 hours ago, nick76 said:

Yeah agree about planning for the summer now.

I also will feel better once we’ve got to 40 points.  I know we should be aiming much much higher than that for the final outcome but being a Villa fan, the last decade or so and the downsides, 40 points will feel nice....relief!  This new Villa, watching them still feels surreal....

but we was nearly relegated last season..sorry.......just taking the **** out of that line, that gets rolled out, every time a point is made.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, TRO said:

I wish folk would stop harping on about relegation last season..... we are a different team, with £85 mill worth of additions......Leicester was nearly relegated a few seasons back and won the league the next season.

last season has gone look forward, not backwards.

I wish people would stop harping on about our how much coaching our players still need every time we don’t win a game. So i guess we both have our wishes.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wish people would stop harping on about our how much coaching our players still need every time we don’t win a game. So i guess we both have our wishes.

Also the overused canard of substitutions would've prevented 2 fluke goals

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Also the overused canard of substitutions would've prevented 2 fluke goals

I think with a bit more coaching and maybe a couple of early substitutions we might of won that game on Wednesday. By the way that Samson is  crap But I suppose we are lucky to have him after almost getting relegated last season

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TRO said:

I wish folk would stop harping on about relegation last season..... we are a different team, with £85 mill worth of additions......Leicester was nearly relegated a few seasons back and won the league the next season.

last season has gone look forward, not backwards.

I agree with what you are saying, it’s just sometimes hard after being battered year after year and so many false dawns, it’s just taking time to catch up to the new reality but we will.

• Like 1

22-Year old Crewe Winger Owen Dale is player for Villa to monitor! I really rate him since first saw him play few season's ago.

He had a really good game and gave Matty Targett a hard time when we beat Crewe 6-1 last season in Carabao Cup.

He was League 1 player of the month for December

7 goals scored so far this season in League 1. He scored 4 goals in December and assisted 1.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13889587/owen-dale-crewe-alexander-championship/

OWEN DALE believes Crewe can win back-to-back promotions to the Championship.

Alex have had an impressive first half to the season in League One following their promotion last season.

They host Ipswich this weekend just four points behind the play-off spots.

And Dale, 22, who is enjoying his breakthrough season, has played a big part with his brilliant performances on the left flank.

Asked if he believes Crewe can get promoted again, he told SunSport: “Yes, definitely. At the start of the season, the manager instilled a lot of belief into us and set out his stall – saying, ‘We’re not looking to just survive in this division.’

“He thinks there’s enough talent in the team to go on another run. We’re starting to believe in that ourselves.

“Around the dressing room, there are a lot of performers and as a team we’re doing well – especially with the new lads that have joined us this season and if we keep going as we are we will definitely have a good season.”

Dale is one of the latest players to come off the club’s famed production line that produced stars such as Dean Ashton, David Platt, Rob Jones, Geoff Thomas, Craig Hignett, Danny Murphy, Robbie Savage and Neil Lennon.

And he has had to be patient – waiting for game time and being sent out on loan to play non-league with Altrincham to Witton.

That is now being rewarded with a string of fine performances – including a purple patch December where he netted four of his seven goals this season and claimed an assist, winning him the SkyBet League One player-of-the-month gong.

He admitted: “When I was sent out to places like Witton and Altrincham I didn’t understand why I was being loaned out.

“Maybe it’s part and parcel of still being young that I didn’t realise that it was to help me grow as a player, understand the men’s game.

“I wrongly assumed they didn’t want me around the first team and that I might have to start looking elsewhere fearing I was going to be realised.

“But I had a good chat with the gaffer and he explained it was to get game time in a first-team environment.

“Non-league wasn’t always the nice football we play here. A lot of it was long ball but I had to learn that and adapt quickly. It taught me a lot – much more than playing in the under-23s. I am so grateful for that experience.

“I learned how to win matches, the tactical bits and bobs as well as the physical aspect – how to use my body in certain situations.

“Also I learned what it takes to last 90 minutes when you’re playing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday.

Edited by Villan4Life