Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sarr hasnt been in great form for Watford this season and had similar stats to Trez and El Ghazi last season. 

That Liverpool performance aside, he hasnt done much since he got to England for the hype

I believe that we can improve him greatly we have way better coaches and tacticians.

When asked if he was aware of Olise's £8 million release clause, Reading's manager said not at all. Now whether that means there is one or not, I'm not so sure, but many Reading fans seem to think it would have been met by now if it was so low.

They're pushing for promotion for the first time in years and apparently have billion Chinese owners (sound familiar?), who my Reading-supporting mate says are really stubborn and wouldn't accept anything but a really high offer if there's no release clause (probably around £25-30 million). I'd love to get him in and to be wrong about how much he'll cost, but he might not be as cheap as everyone thinks.

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is Olise similar to Eze in style from people who've actually watched decent chunks of Reading games compared to just highlights?

What happened to that Swift guy btw, he plays for them aswell dosen't he?

I wasn’t familiar with Olise until @Villan4Life mentioned him a while back. Looks very good though from the highlights I’ve seen.  

Swift was someone I was aware of but he had a really nasty injury in September which they think will keep him out for the season.  Not sure how he’s getting on but we can discount him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is Olise similar to Eze in style from people who've actually watched decent chunks of Reading games compared to just highlights?

What happened to that Swift guy btw, he plays for them aswell dosen't he?

Swift got injured before the start of the season iirc, expected back end of Jan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Olise at £8m is a no brainer.

i highly doubt he has an 8m release clause, if he did i would bet someone would have already bought him.

I would buy him though, he looks quality.

5 hours ago, useless said:

That's not realistic with FFP, and the limited amount of players allowed in the squad, if we have money to spend we'll spend in positions where we're short. Only way I can see us signing another winger is if one of El Ghazi or Trezeguet are to leave, and don't forget we have Philogene-Bidace coming through as well.

Maybe Olise is slightly different as he can play central midfield as well, has a low release clause, and is very young so think he can be part of the squad without taking up one of the 25 spaces, actually when I put it like that he sounds like an ideal signing.

Olise plays at 10 or on the wings he has played once in central midfield.

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

So after buying Bowen, then Benrhama, they are now trying for Sarr...

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

Hide contents

HAMMERS READY £30M SARR BID

West Ham are ready to make a £30m bid for Watford's Senegalese winger Ismaila Sarr, according to the Sun on Sunday.

David Moyes' side are looking for a new forward after sanctioning the sale of Sebastien Haller to Ajax in a £25m deal this week, leaving Michail Antonio as their only recognised striker in the squad.

Watford rejected a £25m Deadline Day bid from Crystal Palace for the 22-year-old, who was also linked with moves to Liverpool and Manchester United earlier in the summer.

All three would have done well here for the times they were sold.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gaz90 said:

When asked if he was aware of Olise's £8 million release clause, Reading's manager said not at all. Now whether that means there is one or not, I'm not so sure, but many Reading fans seem to think it would have been met by now if it was so low.

They're pushing for promotion for the first time in years and apparently have billion Chinese owners (sound familiar?), who my Reading-supporting mate says are really stubborn and wouldn't accept anything but a really high offer if there's no release clause (probably around £25-30 million). I'd love to get him in and to be wrong about how much he'll cost, but he might not be as cheap as everyone thinks.

Well if he was 30 million, you simply wouldn't buy him at this stage of his career for that.

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Following on from the Purslow thread I think we should look to bring in a couple of South Korean and Japanese kids for the academy if no suitable first team players are available from that region. 

Our fanbase will go up by millions.

British clubs cannot buy U18 players who do not have British or Irish nationality any more. It's very doubtful that any 18-21 year old Koreans or Japanese players would meet the points needed for a work permit.

• Thanks 1

I think FFP and recent history is exactly the reason I wouldn't be surprised at all if links like these were genuine. 

You could argue that in Cash, Ollie, and Konsa, 3 of Smiths best signings have been from the championship. And a couple of posts above people are talking about West Ham possibly having the incredible from 3 of Sarr, Bowen and Benrahma. 

There is quality to be had from the championship. 

Edited by av1

53 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i highly doubt he has an 8m release clause, if he did i would bet someone would have already bought him.

I would buy him though, he looks quality.

Whilst that sounds low for a release clause, it depends when he signed his contract. He may have developed quickly since he signed it and despite there being some notable exceptions recently, £8m is still a fair chunk for an up and coming Championship player. Bite their hands off before someone else does.

It sounds incredible now but how the hell did we get SJM from Hibs for what we paid and even more shockingly how did Celtic miss him for not paying his bus fare to Glasgow? Bargains are still available if the recruitment set up is good. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think FFP and recent history is exactly the reason I wouldn't be surprised at all if links like these were genuine. 

You could argue that in Cash, Ollie, and Konsa, 3 of Smiths best signings have been from the championship. And a couple of posts above people are talking about West Ham possibly having the incredible from 3 of Sarr, Bowen and Benrahma. 

There is quality to be had from the championship. 

I don't know many people who think there isn't quality in the league below.

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Whilst that sounds low for a release clause, it depends when he signed his contract. He may have developed quickly since he signed it and despite there being some notable exceptions recently, £8m is still a fair chunk for an up and coming Championship player. Bite their hands off before someone else does.

It sounds incredible now but how the hell did we get SJM from Hibs for what we paid and even more shockingly how did Celtic miss him for not paying his bus fare to Glasgow? Bargains are still available if the recruitment set up is good. 

8 million is chicken feed for a player that promising.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Just seen someone on a Leeds forum claim that Rodrigo De Paul has agreed to sign for us, probably not true, but did wonder about him after he was linked to Leeds in the summer.

What a signing that would be

19 minutes ago, useless said:

Just seen someone on a Leeds forum claim that Rodrigo De Paul has agreed to sign for us, probably not true, but did wonder about him after he was linked to Leeds in the summer.

i guess that probably has about zero legitimacy to the claim tho?

• Like 1