Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

2 hours ago, kidlewis said:

I’ve always wondered how clubs know release clauses, is there some kind of list like FIFA, or is it something just written in and is triggered is anyone bidding guesses the right amount (or over).

like when Arsenal bid £1 over the clause for Suarez

I remember Tim Sherwood announced Benteke had a release clause the day before our Cup final against Arsenal.

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

the agents know as they were involved in the contract negotiations. they would tell anyone that cares to listen what the release clause is in the event that the player decides he wants to move

I used to work for OUFC and what surprised me initially was how open people are within the game to others within the game... They are gossip queens and love nothing better than to tell tales or reveal details. I remember a meeting I had with a Leicester senior scout or was very open about Pearson and his departure...

Intrigued by the link to Erikson, strong believer there’s usually a reason these links appear.  Don’t believe it’s true, so who and why put this story out there.  Don’t see it coming from Inter or the player trying to drum up a buyer.  I do wonder whether we are negotiating a fee for Barkley and the club are suggesting to Chelsea they have other options ??????

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Double swoop with Kevin Nolan going there as well.

Big Sam also has deals lined up for Jussi Jaskalainen and Kevin Davies.

Just needs Jay-Jay Okocha and he's back where he needs to be...

• Like 1

Wasn't it said due to Brexit it would be easier to sign some of the young south american players now? Wonder if that's a market we'll look to exploit in next few years seeing as we've got a few in the dressing room now to help them settle in.

Just watching Boca-Santos  and think Yefferson Soteldo is a wonderfully gifted player. Barely over 5ft though so would struggle with the physical stuff a bit. Has that Grealish ability to effortlessly beat a man though.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Villaphil said:

Intrigued by the link to Erikson, strong believer there’s usually a reason these links appear.  Don’t believe it’s true, so who and why put this story out there.  Don’t see it coming from Inter or the player trying to drum up a buyer.  I do wonder whether we are negotiating a fee for Barkley and the club are suggesting to Chelsea they have other options ??????

I firmly believe we are now in the bracket of clubs that do this (leak a fake interest to encourage a seller to accept our offer). This could be a possibility for me. Especially as I suspect Chelsea will want more than Barkley is worth given his injury proneness.