Match Thread: Villa v Leeds

limpid

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Bit harsh. One poor performance and he's a "bang average defender." Shouldn't be surprised by the overreaction though. It's what fans do.

Mings has always had his shortcomings. He can't cope with speed coming at him.

Shocking. We look awful. As if we've been eating out on the down and we have had no tactical response to it.  Cash has had no cover at all. We've shows nothing going forward and been pissed on by a Leeds side who went for the throat from the off. We should know what they bring but we were so so so off it from kick off. Smith has been tactically beaten by Bielsa, who hasn't done anything that we don't know about this Leeds side anyway. surely he should know what this Leeds side is all about yet hasn't had an answer. Is it a case of the players being complacent? The result I can take, the lack of fight and energy I can't. The next game will be the test, how we bounce back as this second half is poor.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jack holding onto the ball too bloody long AGAIN... instead of just giving it to the runner in Targett

Most of the time it works, defenders give him respect and space to avoid getting beat.

When teams press him and force a move he needs to get rid of it quicker, but it’s also on the rest of the team to move off the ball and give him options instead of standing there and watching him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

We are just depending on individual player brilliance , Leeds have teamwork , proper system , creativity etc, Bielsa is much more cunning than Smith too.. 

Yeah I thought the hype abut Smith was premature. Bielsa gets the best out of players no matter what their lack of ability.

Smith is too scared to make a change and only ever brings Traore on for Trez. It's just too obvious.

looks like our players are a bit tilted right now. I know I would be, but honestly, it's them that have to answer for the capitulation here. Hope we look at Leeds' fantastic work rate tonight and take it to heart.

Wtf is up with our lads, youd of not thought they battered Liverpool at all, had enough good night to this crap.

Edited by Dave-R