Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

13 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Not sure if this is meant to be pointing out how stupid somebody is but we've no reason to fear anything from Watkins.

Never did anything against us at Brentford, a good player but he's not going to dominate a game and I don't think Koch has much to worry about in an individual battle. Watkins strengths are in support play he's not Harry Kane

Hope your 1 fit defender underestimates him as much as you do. 

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

You might be right but it’s weird to post it a couple of weeks after he bullied Virgil Van Dijk for 90 minutes and knocked in a hattrick.

Yeah but Van Dijk is no Liam Cooper 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

You might be right but it’s weird to post it a couple of weeks after he bullied Virgil Van Dijk for 90 minutes and knocked in a hattrick.

Dunno. That was more to do with  your team performance. He's not suddenly Lewandowski don't get carried away

• Confused 1

I can just see ayling hacking jacks ankles all night and not getting even a  yellow...par for the course.

I only have one worry and that the gap that targett usually leaves behind himself im sure leeds will have been told to capitalise on that

2 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Dunno. That was more to do with your team performance.

Even the second one where he had Gomez's pants around his ankles before knocking it in the corner?

6 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

He's not suddenly Lewandowski don't get carried away

Nobody is suggesting he is but there are some levels in between strikers you have nothing to fear from and the uncrowned Ballon D'Or winner. He's one of them I reckon

26 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Not sure if this is meant to be pointing out how stupid somebody is but we've no reason to fear anything from Watkins.

Never did anything against us at Brentford, a good player but he's not going to dominate a game and I don't think Koch has much to worry about in an individual battle. Watkins strengths are in support play he's not Harry Kane

Cheers for the input pal but the word on the street is that Ollie is the boy, not even hit his side yet, got a feeling he will do well tonight.

15 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Of course Leeds did something wrong.

Bamford came to a to stop with our players and so everything went relaxed, then he just starts up and goes full throttle, he deceived our players and put himself in a goal scoring opportunity. Because of the confusion he went onto score, that being said we did ourselves no favours, we should of played till we heard a whistle. We thought there was honour in Leeds and we were wrong. We put the ball out for them and expected the same in return, it didnt happen. Most teams would of kicked the ball out and returned the favour, not Leeds though. As for Yanse I do not blame him for trying to argue Bielsa's fairplay goal or wanting to stop it, its natural. 

Bamford was everything wrong with that game, like I said above he didnt only deceive our players but he caused Ghazi to be sent off. I dont know how you can even think Leeds hadn't done anything wrong. Bamford is Leeds (Guilty by his actions), that TIT deceived not once but twice and should of been red carded for going to ground for trying to get a player sent off.

I have this feeling tomorrow that this game and all future games with Leeds will have this Heat about it, where its personal, very personal between us and them. I feel what Leeds did brings a special kind of hate in the match. This has very Physical, lots of Yellow cards written all over it, I'd be very surprised if there wasnt alot of mental games by both sides.

Cant stand Leeds and I've never said that about any football club and Bamford I hope someone makes a Mockery of him tomorrow the rocket polisher.

Though it may have been Bamford that slowed the play down, not actually sure it was - It was Klich that went down the left flank, cut in and scored. 

15 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Sorry I dont agree so much TRO. I feel it was one of those games that was bag n forth alot. I mean we won the game 2-1 didnt we, sure Bielsa had a hand in us having a goal for his fair play but to say they deserved to win when we won is what counts. I couldnt care, Bamford got Ghazi sent off, we nearly had Hourihane slaughter Bamford with a choke and the grass turn red, I wouldnt of been surprised if Ghazi had of killed the Linesmen and Kodjia was just being Kodjia walking around the field during game play. For what it's worth with the team we had I dont think Leeds out played us, they were the better team in the first half but the second I think was ours. Who deserved to win though?? well the score spoke that day and so did justice, which was delivered on the day and on the pitch I think TRO.

I hope Leeds go down this season, they prob wont but there are far more likeable clubs than that club that I'd like to be in there place.

Bring it on tomorrow and hurry because I hope were all talking about 5 wins on the trot and the smashing of Leeds.

We didn't win. It ended 1-1. We were hanging on last 10 minutes but that was mainly because we were wrongly down to 10-men.

In the end it was a nothing game. Bielsa gets credit for giving us the walk-in goal, but I am not sure he would have reacted in the same way should automatic promotion still been on the table.

Really not sure why it caused such a furore to be honest - I would have preferred the 1-0 loss.

Anyway, that's been and gone - If we perform to our very best we win this, so just want a good performance please :) 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Dunno. That was more to do with  your team performance. He's not suddenly Lewandowski don't get carried away

Even the bit when he ran 40 yards and lashed it in the top corner?

I’m not getting carried away, they might be the only goals he ever scores in the PL. But weird to say you think he’s not a threat at all. We will see I guess.

37 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Can't wait to spam you later with pics of ollie carrying home the matchball.

My first ever live game was at home to Leeds, 2-0 we won, sasa curcic scored one, can't remember the other scorer at all and I misheard the chants as my dad wisely chose not to correct me as I joined in to call the referee a flanker. 

Must have been 96 I think?

Edited by Rodders
  • Haha 2

Watkins might have an off day, but you don't have to be Kane or Lewandowski to be a possible threat to a midtable premier league side, especially one that conceded three goals to Fulham.

• Like 1