Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

I think I'm worried because I REALLY want us to beat them. Not to carry on our win streak, but just because it's dirty Leeds and we have a history from the Championship of controversy. Plus their fans on Twitter do my head in.

Plus the press keep bigging them up after every loss.

The key battle

Jack Grealish v Mateusz Klich

One of Villa's most creative players, recently capped by England, Jack Grealish will be looking to cause Leeds problems.  He'll come up against Mateusz Klich in the middle of the park, who will be trying to counter him.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/27219/preview-aston-villa-v-leeds-united

Haha! Rugby town don’t know where Jack plays. 

That's a post and a reply in one of the Leeds forums pre match thread........😂😂😂
Grealish is a cheat 😂😂😂
Hope we smash em..........................

Grealish seems to play wide left? We have the Ayling flop vs the always flop :)

"Tbf i doubted Grealish a lot, he didnt score or create enough for me. But tbf to him he seems to have added some end product and has shown himself to be very capable in the Prem. Will need watching and not given opportunities to go down and win free kicks as Villa are decent from set pieces.

Have to say i dont like what Grealish does regarding going down. Some call it clever play but not to me, i think buying freekicks like he does is cheating. Its infuriating because he does get kicked sometimes and he carries on and yet seconds later someone brushes past him and he falls over or even stands on someone elses foot and claims a pen :lol:

Its interesting, Hazard was similar in the sense he would buy free kicks. He got a reputation as a diver in the press, Grealish doesnt (although he does with the footballing fan bases outside of Villa). When Sterling dived vs us the commentators didnt call it a dive. Benefit of being an English player i suppose.

He isnt alone in it, modern football i suppose.

Definitely need to watch him, Barkley and McGinn. Not concerned about Watkins, Koch can deal with him".
-------------------------------------------------------
"I think he has matured big time pal. I thought he ran the show at ER a few years back. He does tend to drift around alot which i like. To compare him to Gazza was a bit premature tho. If your getting fouled a lot it means your in the thick of the action. Its a modern thing as you say".

Edited by Phil Silvers

14 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Sorry I dont agree so much TRO. I feel it was one of those games that was bag n forth alot. I mean we won the game 2-1 didnt we, sure Bielsa had a hand in us having a goal for his fair play but to say they deserved to win when we won is what counts. I couldnt care, Bamford got Ghazi sent off, we nearly had Hourihane slaughter Bamford with a choke and the grass turn red, I wouldnt of been surprised if Ghazi had of killed the Linesmen and Kodjia was just being Kodjia walking around the field during game play. For what it's worth with the team we had I dont think Leeds out played us, they were the better team in the first half but the second I think was ours. Who deserved to win though?? well the score spoke that day and so did justice, which was delivered on the day and on the pitch I think TRO.

I hope Leeds go down this season, they prob wont but there are far more likeable clubs than that club that I'd like to be in there place.

Bring it on tomorrow and hurry because I hope were all talking about 5 wins on the trot and the smashing of Leeds.

I think I am getting mixed up of the specific game,Dave.

• Like 1

Really nervous. It's been nice to win every week and I don't want it to stop, and less so against leeds. I want us to beat them properly but it will be a tough game and I think it's 50/50.

It'll be a great night, though. About 30 of Aston Villa Sweden West will meet up and watch the game together. That's always great. And if we win...

• Like 3

On tonights game our work rate and competitive spirit needs to be at the level its been......we have to compete in this game, our quality will then tip the scales.

I think it will be like the Wembley final, where Milosovic hit that screamer......one of our lads will hit one tonight.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, Pelle said:

Really nervous. It's been nice to win every week and I don't want it to stop, and less so against leeds. I want us to beat them properly but it will be a tough game and I think it's 50/50.

It'll be a great night, though. About 30 of Aston Villa Sweden West will meet up and watch the game together. That's always great. And if we win...

don't forget to social distance and if we score just blow kisses, no hugging.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:
That's a post and a reply in one of the Leeds forums 

Definitely need to watch him, Barkley and McGinn. Not concerned about Watkins, Koch can deal with him".
-------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if this is meant to be pointing out how stupid somebody is but we've no reason to fear anything from Watkins.

Never did anything against us at Brentford, a good player but he's not going to dominate a game and I don't think Koch has much to worry about in an individual battle. Watkins strengths are in support play he's not Harry Kane

• Confused 1